Aldorei's Secret Part I
|Aldorei's Secret Part I|
|Starter NPC||Elf Guard|
Aldorei's Secret Part I is a long level 74 quest and the first of two quests in a questline taking place in the citadel of the Elves, Aldorei.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The quest takes place in Aldorei Valley, and involves the player searching for clues regarding the theft of magical plants from the Elven garden. As the quest progresses, the player gathers clues regarding the use of the plants and the criminal, in order to find them and gain access to Aldorei Town. Choices during the quest have an effect on the outcome of Aldorei's Secret Part II.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Elf Guard at [-461, 132, -4459].
- Elf Guard: Halt, traveler! Entry to Aldorei Town is forbidden at present.
- Elf Guard: There is a dangerous criminal on the loose in this valley.
- Elf Guard: These doors shall remain closed until the criminal is captured.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» See if anyone in Aldorei Valley knows what happened
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-543||Y||112||Z||-4449||Wynncraft Map|
- Damys: An outsider in our midst? Exciting to see. I have wished to share our magic with new people for a long while.
- Damys: However, I am...well, rather hungry. And I must tend to my garden here for the time being.
- Damys: Have you heard the saying “You scratch my ears, I scratch yours”? People must help one another.
- Damys: If you would be so kind as to bring me a loaf of fresh bread you may take my enchanted bucket.
- Damys: I saw you toil to bake this yourself. Frankly, that is above and beyond what I expected, so here is your exchange.
- Damys: If you require help in the future with anything, do not be afraid to ask. If you put such effort for me, I shall give you the same.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Find a use for Damys' Bucket
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-504||Y||112||Z||-4425||Wynncraft Map|
- Vaenr: This is utterly inane. A full lockdown, over a petty theft... Are we not to help one another? To thieve is unnecessary.
- Sylvar: The thieving is not the reason, from what I have heard. It is that the grove was jealously hidden due to the potency of the plants there.
- Sylvar: Tattytale, Iridesca, Subtraxerim... The Light only knows what else. It is impossible to reach without unusual means- And that is cause for grave concern.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find a way to grow the plant by the waterfall
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Explore the secret garden
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-466||Y||166||Z||-4382||Wynncraft Map|
- Guard: Halt! This area is strictly off limits, especially for an outsider. Turn back now!
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the [Iridescent Leaves]
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-545||Y||112||Z||-4446||Wynncraft Map|
- Damys: Aha, the outsider returns. Is there something troubling you?
- Damys: ...mmm. Unfortunate, that. I cannot help with this.
- Damys: It is not a matter of secrecy or morals- I simply do not know what that leaf is from or what it may be capable of.
- Damys: I am no botanist- Simply a gardener. The mistake is understandable, if regrettable.
- Damys: However, I was taught under a much more storied botanist who may have the answers you seek.
- Damys: Her name is Fiona- Her home is across the valley from here. Take the bridge across. She often stays inside studying.
- Damys: She has forgotten more than I will ever hope to know about plants. If she cannot help you, I fear none can.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Go to the botanist's house at [-541, 106, -4538]
- Fiona: This is outrageous! To think one of our own would stoop to such thievery and destruction!
- Fiona: Outsider, this is not the time to be asking me anything. My home has been ransacked!
- Fiona: Mm? Damys sent you... You have leaves of Iridesca? Hm... Then perhaps we may be able to help one another.
- Fiona: They tore through my shelves and furniture searching, and scanned the pages as fervently once they found it.
- Fiona: Afterwards, they threw the book into the back garden, and forced a carnivorous plant to grow and consume my notes!
- Fiona: I assume when the desired information was found, they went into my garden, threw the book into the carnivorous plant and stormed off towards the lab.
- Fiona: I have researched the Iridesca bloom, and many other plants, for a long time. All my knowledge is stored in that book!
- Fiona: Retrieve it for me, and I will share my knowledge with you.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Kill the carnivorous plant and loot the book
You must kill three carnivorous plant mobs around the plant to get the book to drop.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drop(s)||Location|
|Carnivorous Plant||80||30000||-||Arrow Storm, Multihit||✹ ❋ Weak
✽ ✤ Def
|-||Behind Fiona's house|
Once you have the book, bring it back to Fiona.
- Fiona: ...disgusting. I will have to hang the pages to dry later, but first, our exchange.
- Fiona: Hmm... Herbstzeitlose... Death Whistle, no...where is Iridesca, again...?
- Fiona: Aha, there it is. The pages were sticking together. Iridesca leaves are potent in various ways and are very versatile in their use.
- Fiona: They have an incredibly broad range of usage, from soothing joint pain or curing sickness to emetic effect and lethal poison, depending on what it is brewed with.
- Fiona: Mm? The book thief also possesses Iridesca...? This... This is very troubling. There are few notes aside from mine on how to heal Iridesca poisoning.
- Fiona: They were headed in the direction of the potionmaker's guild. If they intend something wicked...
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the alchemist's shop at [-495, 112, -4430]
- Criminal: ..you! You have been seeking me! I have seen you tracing my footsteps...
- Criminal: I apologize for this... But what I do is a necessity!
- Criminal: I beg you, do not pursue me any further!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Chase the criminal.
You must follow the criminal out of the shop and across Aldorei Valley.
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-480||Y||125||Z||-4421||Wynncraft Map|
- Criminal: Outsider, I realize the circumstances appear damning, but you must stop!
- Criminal: What I have done is needed, and if there were another path I would have taken it over this.
- Criminal: I must take my concoction to where it is needed!
- Criminal: See me as I truly am- My name is Korben, and I musn’t be delayed further!
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-620||Y||65||Z||-4500||Wynncraft Map|
- Korben: A damnable pace you have... I cannot let you stop me for a moment longer!
- Korben: It will be done soon, but I must reach my destination first!
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-613||Y||97||Z||-4453||Wynncraft Map|
- Korben: Finally... I apologize for the delay. I needed to take strong measures to get this to you.
- Korben: Here, here... Drink, father. It will clear your throat.
- Korben: ...there. It is done. Now... Outsider... Hear me, please.
- Korben: I am aware of exactly what I have done. Shredded Fiona’s research, disturbed the forbidden gardens, unsettled the hearts of many...
- Korben: My father fell ill. A trek to Efilim’s borders left him stricken with Kerasot poisoning. He was near death...
- Korben: Efilim’s village is one of outcasts- to visit is, stupidly, forbidden. He would have been exiled, and that would have ensured his death with his affliction.
- Korben: Desperation causes one to do strange things. I thought only of his safety- I cared little about anything else.
- Korben: Even now I am simply relieved for his safety. If you must turn me in, I understand- I have already done what I set out to do.
- Korben: Though I wish to remain free, whether you choose to report my activities or not does not matter to me now.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
If you choose to report Korben:
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-461||Y||132||Z||-4459||Wynncraft Map|
- Elf Guard: Traveler, I must remind you- The doors shall remain shut until the criminal has been found.
- Elf Guard: ...ah. You have found him, then. The name is Korben... Understood. We shall interrogate him for his actions.
- Elf Guard: This being the case... You may come and go as you wish to Aldorei Town. We shall re-open the doors.
The guard will then give you 2 Liquid Emeralds and a Receipt.
If you choose to let Korben go:
|Location||Aldorei Valley||X||-613||Y||97||Z||-4453||Wynncraft Map|
- Korben: ...you... You are... You would lie to the guards and say I perished in the chase? You will keep my identity secret?
- Korben: Outsider... You show generosity akin to my father. He passed his Sol Medallion onto me to continue his legacy...
- Korben: ...after what I have done, I do not deserve it. You take it, instead. It is in sufficiently worthy hands, I believe.
- Korben: I shall beg the Light to shine upon you for the rest of your days. A thousand thanks to you.
Korben will then give you an Elven Medallion.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended that you choose to let Korben go rather than turn him in, so you can obtain the Elven Medallion instead of 8192 emeralds, because this choice will ultimately result in more emeralds (10240 emeralds) rewarded in Aldorei's Secret Part II.