|Beyond the Grave|
|Location||Canyon of the Lost|
The guardians at the Temple of the Lost in Bantisu have desperately called upon the player to rid the Canyon of the vicious beast nearby that has been ravaging unknowing bypassers. On their journey to destroy this monster, the player stumbles upon a rather interesting encounter.
- Irlok: Welcome to the Bantisu Temple. We guide adventuring souls onwards.
- Irlok: There is a monster of such immense power, none of us here are capable of killing it.
- Irlok: We are offering the highest reward possible for its slaughter. Be warned though, to face the monster is to face your worst fears.
- Irlok: It frequently takes the lives of many people attempting to cross the canyon, and we need it removed.
- Irlok: We drove the beast into a cave and attempted to shut it in, but it's become a danger to us all again.
- Irlok: He is located at the bottom of the canyon, right next to a popular road. If you follow the path down the mountain, you should find the mine. I wrote down the exact location in your book.
- Irlok: If somehow you succeed, you will be handsomely rewarded. I look forward to seeing you on the other side.
» Seek out the creature in the mines.
» Explore the strange realm and bargain with Death.
Climbing the mountains outside Death’s mansion:
- Death: IS MY MANSION SO DULL YOU WOULD RATHER GO ROCK CLIMBING?
Entering Death's mansion:
- Death: IT SEEMS I HAVE A NEW GUEST. WELCOME.
- Death: MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE. YOU'LL BE STAYING HERE FOR A WHILE.
- Death: NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM TAKING A LOOK AROUND. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING THOUGH. AND TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES AS YOU ENTER.
- Death: WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT, COME TO MY OFFICE UPSTAIRS. WE HAVE A LENGTHY TALK TO HAVE.
Entering the dining hall:
- Death: I SUGGEST YOU DON'T EAT ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE SERVED HERE, I HEARD IT IS TO DIE FOR.
- Death: IF I HAD BOUGHT ANY WHEAT THIS MORNING, I'D OFFER A BISCUIT AS CONSOLATION FOR DYING.
- Death: IT'S A SHAME, REALLY. I'M TOLD I MAKE THE BEST LITTLE CHOCOLATE CHIP ONES.
Entering an empty room
- Death: THIS IS AN EMPTY ROOM.
- Death: AROUND THE MANSION, THERE ARE MANY MORE EMPTY ROOMS.
Standing on the table in the dining hall:
- Death: FEET OFF THE TABLE PLEASE.
Entering the library:
- Death: THIS IS THE LIBRARY, WHERE MY GUESTS COME TO SPEND THEIR TIME.
- Death: FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ UP. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND ALL THAT.
- Death: YOU COULD READ ALL OF THEM IF YOU LIKE, BUT THEY ARE ALL IN LATIN, AND I HEARD THAT IS NOW A DEAD LANGUAGE.
Entering the basement: (Throw item to one of the spikes to open the doors.)
- Death: IT SEEMS YOU REALLY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS BEHIND THIS DOOR.
- Death: I GUESS YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANTED...
- Death: ANOTHER DOOR.
- Death: DO YOU REALLY THINK IT WAS WORTH YOUR TIME?
Entering the hourglasses room:
- Death: THESE HOURGLASSES SHOWS THE LIFESPAN OF HUMANS. WHEN ALL THE SAND HITS THE BOTTOM, I GET NEW GUEST.
- Death: OH LOOK, HERE'S YOURS. IT SAYS YOU'VE BEEN HERE [Times of Death] TIMES IN THE LAST MONTHS. SORRY, [times of death + 1] NOW.
- Death: MY MIND HAS SLIPPED, I FORGOT TO MENTION THE MASSIVE HOURGLASS. IT SHOWS HOW MUCH TIME THE WORLD HAS LEFT
- Death: I'LL GIVE YOU THE TIME TO GET OVER WHAT YOU HAVE WITNESSED.
Entering Death's bedroom:
- Death: IF ANYONE ASKS, YES, I AM MARRIED. JUST BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A HEART DOESN'T MEAN THAT I CAN'T LOVE.
Entering Death's office:
- Death: THIS IS MY OFFICE. GUESS WHAT I DO HERE. HUH?
- Death: I DIE OF BOREDOM.
- Death: ...REALLY? NOTHING? YOU HUMANS HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOUR.
- Death: PLEASE TAKE A SEAT. LET'S REVIEW YOUR OPTIONS.
Talking to Death:
- Death: I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE AN ODD PLACE TO BE. SITTING IN FRONT OF DEATH.
- Death: THE TRUTH IS, YOU HAVE BEEN HERE MANY TIMES BEFORE.
- Death: BUT A MORTAL MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK OF MY REALM.
- Death: SO I MAKE EVERYONE WHO VISITS, SIMPLY FORGET.
- Death: IT'S EASIER ON EVERYONE THAT WAY. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR DEATH, THAT WOULD BE WEIRD.
- Death: THIS TIME, HOWEVER, I SHALL LET YOU REMEMBER YOUR JOURNEY HERE.
- Death: WHY YOU ASK?
- Death: OH, YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO FORGET THE JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME, RIGHT?
- Death: I ALWAYS ALLOW PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RE-ENTER THE MORTAL PLAIN.
- Death: CALL IT BARGAINING WITH DEATH IF YOU LIKE. TRUTH IS, I JUST GET A BIT BORED.
- Death: IF YOU WISH TO RETURN TO LIFE, AND I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DO, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BEAT THAT WHICH SENT YOU HERE.
- Death: IN YOUR CASE, IT IS THE CREATION KNOWN AS KROLTON. WHEN YOU ARE READY, YOU CAN ENGAGE HIM ONCE MORE BY ENTERING THE DOOR AT THE BACK OF MY REALM.
- Death: I DO ENJOY MY CHATS WITH HUMANS, THEY NEVER SAY ANYTHING.
- Death: WHICH IS ODD, BECAUSE OUT OF THE TWO OF US, THEY ARE THE ONES WITH VOCAL CHORDS.
» Exit the strange realm.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to how to get out of the realm.
There is a small kitchen next to the dining hall that contains a sign and a shopping list. The shopping list is still missing a tombstone. Go upstairs to the puzzle room containing a sign and a wooden button next to it. Press the button to activate the puzzle. You have to spell the word tombstone by pressing the button when the right letter is lighting up green. When you press it at the wrong time or if you wait too long, the puzzle gets deactivated and you have to start from the beginning. After solving the puzzle, the dialogue appears and a window on the opposite of the puzzle room is smashed with fire around it. Jump out of the window into a pool of water and go to the coloured area. Go through the big door to exit the realm.
- You hear the sound of glass shattering near the back of the mansion...
- Death: WELL, I SEE YOU ARE LEAVING.
- Death: IT WAS NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK AGAIN, I DO ENJOY YOUR VISITS.
- Death: TO RISE BACK TO LIFE, YOU MUST DEFEAT THE ONE WHO BROUGHT YOU TO MY HANDS.
- Death: YOU'VE MANAGED IT BEFORE SO I CAN'T SEE WHY YOU CAN'T MANAGE IT AGAIN. AFTERALL, YOU MANAGE TO KEEP DYING.
- Death: ...OR YOU KNOW, DON'T. I DO ENJOY HAVING A LITTLE COLOUR AROUND THE MANSION.
- The rift near the entrance to the mines is now open.
» Defeat Krolton to earn your way back to the living.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to another way to killing Krolton.
There is a hidden mob in a pillar in the middle of the Krolton cave. When you kill it, the cave collapses and buries both you and Krolton. Since you effectively killed Krolton and you were already dead, you fulfill the agreement and return back to the living.
- You've reclaimed your soul.
» Take proof of Krolton's demise to Irlok.
- Irlok: Oh, you've returned. I must admit, I'm very impressed.
- Irlok: Krolton was honestly the strongest being I've ever met. He has killed hundreds before you.
- Irlok: The Temple of the Lost owes you a great deal. I want you to have something, it is extremely rare.
- Irlok: I want you to take this ring, as a symbol of your journey.
- Irlok: Let us hope you never have to encounter a beast like Krolton again.
- The puzzle in the mansion has a few easter eggs that make Death say something. Some easter egg words are: end, moo, bomb, stone, odd, dent and note.
- In the hourglass room there are hourglasses of the following NPCs and characters you heard about and/or talked to: Referick, Robert (Bob), Sayleros' Brother, Dawm, Worid, Marius Twain (the father of the Twains) and Amadel.
- In the mansion there are a lot of Death puns and jokes
- Some of the souls in the mansion have emotions (shocked one in the hourglass room, gloomy in the gardens, etc.).
- There are cats for some reason in the mansion, including Dark Lord Snugglebuns.
- You can kill Krolton in 2 ways, either by Killing it with by yourself OR Killing the weak column in the center of the cave, this will cause a cutscene showing the cave collapsing this will still give you Krolton's Remains.
- Before you are Killed by Krolton and sent to the death realm, you can see Death himself on the upper ledge before disappearing.
- Death himself is reminiscent of Terry Pratchett's Death, especially apparent because it speaks in capital letters.
- In Death's Library there are several buttons, which after pressing will show a name and author of a book
- at 559 -7916 "One Second Is Enough To Die For by Liza Sengled" - name of the song is the same as a namer of a song composed by C418
- at 559 -7900 "Strategical Placement Of The Undead by Fishcarn Lixmaoul" - author is an acronym for Francis Mailloux aka Salted, owner of Wynncraft
- at 557 -7890 "Total War: Armageddon by Dullahan"
- at 553 -7886 "A Conjurer's Creations" without an author
- at 559 -7872 "Ambitions For World Domination by Amadel"
- at 559 -7862 "Death: Portrayals in Global Cultures" without an author
- at 553 -7850 "The Disconnected World by Nardoj Thearendu" - author is an acronym for Jordan Underneath who is author of a song with name of the book
- at 559 -7840 "Am I Dead? Coping With Your Newfound Unlife by Death"
- at 531 -7838 "Cummunist Book Anonymous"
- at 531 -7856 "Sacrificial Pacts For Dummies by Cihr Nettann" - author is an acronym for Rich Tennant who is known for being the illustrator and cartoonist for the For Dummies books
- at 533 -7866 "Timelapse Kingdom by Nielad Serolfend"
- at 535 -7870 "Last Aid For Begginers: What To Do With Friends Coming Back To Life" without an author