Desert of Almuj
|Desert of Almuj|
The Desert of Almuj
|Coordinates||X: 1200, Z: -1950|
|Access Points||Savannah to the west, main gate at 850, -1955|
Mesa to the south
|Quest Starts||Green Gloop|
A Sandy Scandal
Kingdom of Sand
WynnExcavation Site A
Wrath of the Mummy
|Involved Quests||The Mercenary|
A Hunter's Calling
|Monsters||Hostile Mobs (Wynn)|
The Desert of Almuj lies on the far east of Wynn Province. Its only city, Almuj separates it from the green fields of the rest of the province of Wynn. You can access the desert by venturing through the Savannah. The desert has some old ruins, relics of the past and a river separating the desert into two sides.
On the north side of the desert is the Mummy's Tomb involved with the Wrath of the Mummy quest, and the Scarab Pit. On its east side, there is the Sand-Swept Tomb Dungeon the starting place of Kingdom of Sand, as well as the Invaded Barracks in the northeastern desert, which is associated with The Mercenary quest. On the south side, there is an excavation site owned by WynnExcavation. Along the river, a few Desert settlements can be found. In the middle, the entrance to the Slime Cave stands, hosting a quest start. If you head to the very southern end of the desert, you will enter the Mesa, in which the city of Rymek is located. When travelling to Rymek, one should be prepared, as the town is filled with bandits.
A long time ago, the desert was ruled by a very advanced civilization known as The Empire. Long after their downfall, the humans of Fruma came to the desert and colonized it to the state we know it as today.
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
Towns[edit | edit source]
- Almuj is the capital city of the desert region. It is located right at the desert's western border
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Ormrod's tent is exactly south of the city. He is the starting NPC for the Wrath of the Mummy quest.
- WynnExcavation Site A is just a little further from Ormrod. It is easy to spot, as there are cranes and other digging gear around the site.
- Sand-Swept Tomb is at the very east of the desert. It is a large, detailed structure constructed against the mountains, with a large lion head built on it. It is hard to miss it.
- The Mummy's Tomb is another tomb on the desert's northern side. At the moment, there are many bandits of Creden Tibus guarding its entrance.
- The Invaded Barracks is north-east. After you pass over the river bridge, you should find a blood trail in the north leading to the barracks. The barracks are surrounded by sand walls, blocking most of the area from sight.
- The Mesa Stairs is south of the desert. It leads to the Owl Camp in the Mesa, where you start Tribal Aggression.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Merchants[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
The main Mining resource found in the desert is Sandstone, though Gold and Iron are also mineable in the region.
Malt grows in the region, mainly in the farms near the Great River.
Carp is a common fish in the desert's few bodies of water.
Mini-Quests[edit | edit source]
|Miniquest Name||Miniquest Type||Min. Level||Coordinates||Items Required||Combat XP Given||Profession XP Given|
|Slay Scarabs||Combat||30||982, 69, -2073||16 Mashed Insect||2880||-|
|Gather Sandstone||Mining||33||1162, 75, -1849||20 Sandstone Ingot or 20 Sandstone Gem||1100||1500|
|Gather Malt||Farming||33||1280, 77, -1981||20 Malt String or 20 Malt Grains||1100||1500|
|Gather Carp||Fishing||33||1317, 74, -1838||20 Carp Oil or 20 Carp Meat||1100||1500|
|Gather Sandstone II||Mining||38||1444, 88, -2211||30 Sandstone Ingot or 30 Sandstone Gem||1700||2600|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Wynncraft's very early stages, you required a VIP rank to access the Desert, along with the Nesaak Forest.
- The Desert shares its Secret Discoveries with the Mesa, both under the label "Desert".