Enzan's Brother is a short level 1 quest. It rewards the player with a ring and a small amount of experience.
This quest serves as an introduction to the basics of quests. Enzan, a retired knight, tasks the player with finding his brother, Therck, to obtain a useful item. Once the player finds Therck, he sends them into a nearby cave to retrieve a mushroom before finally offering them the First Steps ring.
» Talk to Enzan close to the exit of Ragni at [-772, 67, -1572]
- Enzan: I see you want to venture into the wilderness!
- Enzan: My name is Enzan, and I am now a retired knight. I've spent most of my life fighting for Ragni's army, just like you.
- Enzan: I know how hard it must be to be a recruit at this time, so I've got something that could help you! Well, I don't have it, but my brother does!
- Enzan: Follow this road, he's just past the item identifier, you can't miss him. Just head to the big set of stairs, past the item identifier.
- Enzan: Tell him I sent you! He can be such a jerk to strangers sometimes, especially when he's focused on his stairs...
- Therck: Excuse me? Can't you see I'm busy?
- Therck: Oh, my brother? Sorry, I didn't know.
- Therck: Why yes, I actually have something that could help you...
- Therck: But before I give it to you, why don't you help me with something first?
- Therck: You see, there's a special kind of mushroom that grows in this cave. I hear it has certain... energizing properties.
- Therck: If you can bring me [1 Energy Mushroom], I'll help you out. Enter the cave down the stairs, and bring me that mushroom!
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drops||Location|
|ShroomBones||3||12||Melee AI||-||-||-||Cave at [-538, 67, -1586]|
|Animated Shroom||2||18||Ranged AI||-||-||-||Cave at [-538, 67, -1586]|
|Mushroom Pigman||6||39||Jumper AI||-||✤ Def||-||Cave at [-538, 67, -1586]|
|Energized Mushroom||7||25||Melee AI||-||-||
|Cave at [-538, 67, -1586] |
Killing the Energized Mushroom will also trigger this text:
- The energy mushroom has dropped!
|Emerald Trail |
-535, 69, -1588
- Therck: Ah, you're back! Do you have the mushroom?
- Therck: Excellent... Now I might be able to finally climb these stairs!
- Therck: Who knows, maybe there's a treasure up there?
- Therck: Take this ring. It's an accessory item! You can identify it at the nearby Item Identifier.
- Therck: It's a very good ring for someone starting out like you. There's just one small issue...
- Therck: To wear it, you must help my friend back in Ragni. He's been pestering me for days about needing help.
- Therck: Open your [Quest Book] and Right-Click on Cook Assistant to see if you can help.
- Enzan's Brother, Therck, is straight down the Emerald Trail; just follow the road from the eastern exit of Ragni.
- Upon exiting the Mushroom Cave, you will pass through the entrance for a secret discovery containing a boss fight - you can do it before finishing the quest if you want, but you do not have to.
- This quest has gone through several changes:
- In the 1.18 Economy Update, it was changed to teach players more about ingredients and the old reward, a tier I powder, was replaced with a tier II ingredient.
- In the 1.20 Gavel Reborn, it was changed again (previous version: Enzan's Brother (1.19)) to reward an accessory instead of an ingredient, and the quest became slightly longer, with the addition of the mushroom cave.