» Find Eppo at [-207, 37, -531]
|Ice Canyon |
-273, 40, -583
- Eppo: Let's give it another try!
- Eppo: Ready the drill, men!
- Eppo: Darn. The drill just won't start.
- Eppo: Hey, Guard! Do you know anything about Electromagic? Come up here to the drill, maybe you can take a look?
Walk up next to the drill.
- Eppo: Oh! Never mind, it lit up, back up!
The drill will spark, then move a little into the ice wall and blow up without damaging the ice.
- Eppo: For the love of Bob... Why won't you just break?
- Eppo: This ice was created by Theorick, a Twain who defended this area many many years ago.
- Eppo: When the corruption got too much... He froze everything, including the people. Do you see them in there?
- Eppo: We've tried desperately to get them out, but we've tried all the equipment we had, including this Corkian drill.
- Eppo: Maybe we should get more destructive... The demolition expert, Rhudya, is further down the cave.
- Eppo: It's a long shot, but worth a try. Would you be able to get it while I clear this space?
» Go deeper into the cave and speak to Rhudya.
- Rhudya: Whup! You're on private property, y'know! Oh, Eppo sent ya? That's fair enough.
- Rhudya: You'll be needing this TNT then, make sure not to drop it though, whup!
- Rhudya: Just travel through this cave and you'll be returned to Eppo easy-peasy!
Parkour across the ice platforms in the cave.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drops||Location|
|Frosted Corpse||49||1168||Melee AI||Teleport||-||-||Icy Cave|
|Snow Slinger||49||800||Ranged AI||-||✹ Weak
|Glaciated Zombie||51||3700||Melee AI||-||✤ Weak
❋ ✽ Def
|Thermoplasmic Spirit||53||4250||Ranged AI||Teleport
- Eppo: Very nice, this might do the trick.
- Eppo: Back up, I'll ignite the explosive.
- Eppo: ...
- Eppo: NOTHING? Not even a scratch. I don't understand Theoricks ice.. It's not real.
- Eppo: I'm not sure what else we can do then...
Rhudya will blow open another entrance to the cave.
- Rhudya: HEY. Eppo, over here! Near the cave!
- Rhudya: Did the explosive not work? I found this old mineshaft on the way back from the cave, it leads to an old lava cavern.
- Rhudya: Might be a long shot, but this lava looks different. Why not give it a try?
» Travel to the lava springs through the mineshaft.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drops||Location|
|Frosted Miner||48||700||Melee AI||-||✹ Weak
✽ ✤ Def
|Blade-Throwing Ghost||48||1000||BurstRanged AI||Arrow Storm||✹ Weak
❋ ✽ Dam
- You should return to Eppo with the lava after you've completed the puzzle.
» Complete the puzzle and bring the lava back to Eppo.
- Move the pieces so that they form a path from the start to the finish. There are two solutions below, but there are other solutions that also work.
- Spaces that are already taken/can't be moved are marked as "-".
Upon completing the puzzle:
- [+1 Bucket of Blazing Lava]
You can simply ride the nearby minecart at [-432, 39, -545] to get back to Eppo quickly.
- Eppo: I don't understand how you can hold lava in a bucket.. But here we are.
- Eppo: Truth is.. We're not retrieving these bodies for no reason.
- Eppo: We believe one of these people worked for Theorick, and has a key to his mansion
- Eppo: We in Nesaak think Theorick has a lot to answer for. We want to redistribute his wealth among those he hurt.
- Eppo: Right, I've dipped this stick in the magical lava. Just hold the rod and walk into the ice to melt it.
- Eppo: Look for the corpse with a key, it might be above you. Good luck!
» Melt the ice and find the Servant's corpse.
You can follow the packed ice, which will not be melted by the stick, to reach the Servant's corpse at [-5575, 22, -21835]. Once you do, Eppo will call you back down.
- Eppo: Is that the right one? You got it? Brilliant! Now come back down.
- Now you've obtained the key, you can enter Theoricks mansion
- Eppo: Lets travel to the mansion together. Here, lets take my horse.
- Eppo: While we ride, let me explain a little more about what we're doing. Let's go.
- Eppo: As I mentioned before, there is a reason this land is frozen, and it's not natural.
- Eppo: Many years before Bob was around, Wynn was in ruins due to the corruption war.
- Eppo: In those times there used to be a group of naturally gifted individuals called the Twains. They defended us all with elemental magic.
- Eppo: Theorick was one of those Twains. He harnessed unnaturally powerful ice based magic. He used it to protect the land surrounding the mansion.
- Eppo: Theorick.. Wasn't like the other Twains. He wanted the people he protected to pay and feed him as way of thanks.
- Eppo: After years, Theorick was rich while the people he protected lived in poverty and fear - not only of the monsters, but in fear of Theorick himself.
- Eppo: He punished those who disobeyed his curfews and would get angry if anyone tried to move away. The people felt trapped.
- Eppo: Eventually, just like the other Twains - Theorick fell to the corruption. Not before he had the last word.
- Eppo: He froze the land entirely, killing almost everything and everyone left outside in it. Hundreds of lives were lost.
- Eppo: It turns out the ice slowed the spread of corruption across the land to almost a standstill. It's been this way ever since.
- Eppo: Now that we can get in his mansion we hope to uncover the secrets of his ice magic so we may undo it, and share the wealth he hoarded from the people. Ah, we're here.
» Enter Theorick's Mansion.
- Eppo: This place looks frozen in time.. The grandure.. Well he did just take and take from everyone around him.
- Eppo: So, I'm not sure where to start, but I'm guessing he has some protection in place.
- Eppo: This is unbelievable.. He was such a greedy- AAAAH.
Eppo will fall through a hole that opens in the floor.
- Eppo: ... I don't think we should insult him..
» Find the riches in Theorick's mansion.
Walk upstairs to the library.
Eppo will get shot up from another hole that opens in the floor.
- Eppo: Oof! Wasn't expecting that. That just proves everything I said about him. Punishing people who insult him.
- Eppo: Anyway, we should look around for some kind of secret entrance.
- Eppo: Trust Theorick to booby trap his own house the paranoid frozen gro-
Eppo will fall down another hole in the floor.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to How to solve the puzzle and get to Theorick's secret room.
At [-170, 35, 577] there is a sign saying "When the young Face the old Then the key Shall be sold". To solve the puzzle make the 4 smaller silver statues (the "young") on both sides face the middle statue between them, and make the big gold statues (the "old") face each other. This will open a hole in the middle of the room that you can jump into to progress.
- Eppo: That really isn't fun at all. I can't see a thing. Where are we now, a dead end?
- Eppo: Well we know that insults result in punishment. Maybe a compliment will make him happy?
- Eppo: Oh Theorick, strongest of all the Twains, you really are a hero.
- Eppo: Maybe n-
A staircase will open to the next room.
- Eppo: Looks like we finally found his private quarters, look at that vault door.
- Eppo: There must be a way to open it. Look around and see what you can find.
» Find your way into the vault.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to How to get into the vault.
Get 3 bottles of water. Then go upstairs and right click each fireplace to freeze the water streams and open the vault door mechanism. Try re-selecting your class if right-clicking does not work.
- The water is freezing to ice, maybe it opens something?
- Eppo: You did it! We have access to the vault.
- Eppo: Wow, even by today's standards, this is a huge amount of money. Just think how much this was hundreds of years ago.
- Eppo: Grab a little for yourself, too, we wouldn't have been able to get here without you.
- Eppo: Wait, look at this. It seems to be a piece of Theoricks armour.
- Eppo: Surprised it even managed to fit over his fat head.
Eppo will get shot up through the ceiling as the quest finishes.
- After you travel to Theorick's Mansion, Eppo will disappear from the caves he is initially found in. If you happen to get stuck and are forced to use /kill to get out, you can simply return to the mansion at the coordinates [-422, 30, -473].
In stage 2 when you dissconect before coming back to Eppo then the quest softlocks