A view of the Kander Forest featuring a river
|Coordinates||X: -600, Z: -5300|
|Access Points||Light Forest to the southwest|
Dark Forest to the west
Gylia Plains to the east and southeast
|Quest Starts||Lexdale Witch Trials|
The Kander Forest is a large, murky expanse in the Gavel Province dotted with decayed trees, fungi, and large cobwebs. The forest has experienced ravaging effects of the Decay far worse than the neighboring Dark Forest or the Olux Swamp has, since the very "heart" of the Decay is located in Kander Forest, turning the once-vibrant and beautiful forests into an eldritch wasteland. The forest houses a couple quests and is a good grinding area for level 70 players. The capital of the area is the small, run-down town of Lexdale. Along with sharing its western border with the Dark Forest, the Gylia Plains and Light Forest are connected to the region.
The monsters you face in Kander Forest mainly consist of a variety of beasts likely risen by the Decay. Werewolves, normal people under the lycanthropic curse, are also not an uncommon sight in the woods.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
Towns[edit | edit source]
- Lexdale - The town of Lexdale is a slum-like settlement, which has suffered some of the worst effects of the Decay.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Lexdale Federal Prison - A large structure in northwestern Kander Forest, on the border of the Dark Forest. It was built around 800 AP as a prison for Gavel's worst criminals, though recently there have been rumors of innocent citizens being taken a prisoners.
- House of Talor - This grand church has fallen into ruins due to the Decay, though it still continues to provide blessings for Kander Forest. It used to be the starting spot of Eye of the Storm, though that quest was removed in Version 1.20.
- Challenge of the Blades - A creature from The Realm of Dern inhabits this Boss Altar surrounded with dozens of blades on a hill. Nothing exists there but pure dark magic.
- Abandoned Manor - This large, ruined structure in southwestern Kander Forest currently serves no purpose. In pre-1.20 Wynncraft, the site used to have the mansion of Dullahan before his lore was completely changed.
- The Heart of the Decay - Formerly the Pit of Despair before 1.20, this area is where the Decay has its strongest effects. It was once the stump of a great tree, until the Darkness Parasite had spread the Decay to the area in 800 AP, causing the surrounding life to wither away. The hatchlings of the Parasite are the only living beings that are inside the Heart of Decay.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Kanderstone can be gathered in multiple veins scattered throughout the forest.
Dark trees are found all around the forest.
Decay Roots are common in multiple farms located in Kander Forest.
Mini-Quests[edit | edit source]
|Miniquest Name||Miniquest Type||Min. Level||Coordinates||Items Required||Combat XP Given||Profession XP Given|
|Gather Kanderstone||Mining||71||-557, 43, -5460||32 Kanderstone Ingot or 32 Kanderstone Gem||30000||44000|
|Gather Decay Roots||Farming||71||-873, 45, -5314||32 Decay String or 32 Decay Grains||30000||44000|
|Gather Kanderstone II||Mining||73||-714, 45, -5548||40 Kanderstone Ingot or 40 Kanderstone Gem||48000||55000|
|Gather Decay Roots II||Farming||73||-723, 43, -5047||40 Decay String or 40 Decay Grains||48000||55000|
|Gather Kanderstone III||Mining||78||-767, 44, -5151||48 Kanderstone Ingot or 48 Kanderstone Gem||77000||92000|
|Gather Decay Roots III||Farming||78||-711, 44, -5211||48 Decay String or 48 Decay Grains||77000||92000|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kander Forest is roughly larger than the Dark Forest, and around the same size as the Olux swamp on the map.
- The area was called "Danker Forest" in the Content Team as a joke before it had an official name.
- The House of Talor, which is in the Kander Forest, was originally meant as a replacement for the Saint's Row cathedral. The design used to be extremely similar.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Blood Moon item lore
- When killed, werewolves may turn into normal, passive villager mobs