Lazarus Pit is a long level 69 quest situated around Gelibord.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Gelibord is a town plagued by the undead. After a vicious zombie attack, Burtur asks the player to investigate rumors of the Lazarus Pit, a lake with reviving properties, as he suspects that's how so many undead are managing to surface.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Burtur at [-1025, 47, -5302]
- Burtur: Ah, one of you adventurin' types, huh? We see a lot of you around here... Going in and out as you please. Must be a nice life.
- Burtur: Though, if you could spare some time, the town could use you-
- Burtur: Wait, already?! It's only been a day since last! How insatiable are they...?
- Gelibord Guard: THE UNDEAD HAVE OVERWHELMED THE GOLEMS! EVERY CITIZEN FOR THEMSELVES!!
- Burtur: This is what I was talking about! We need your help with this! You Wynn folk are good at killing zombies, right?!
- Burtur: We need help with this! Defend the town with us!
Note: Once Burtur finishes speaking, the player will be teleported to a zombie-infested Gelibord. They must survive for 30 seconds before being automatically teleported back.
- Gelibord Guard: The horde's retreating, but we have one citizen dead! Regroup at the square and prepare the pyres!
- Burtur: Hey! Over here, you alright?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Check in with Burtur about the attack at [-1025, 47, -5302]
- Burtur: Phew. That was a smaller horde, thankfully... Still, good thing you were there. That could have been worse.
- Burtur: still, c'mon now... We have to burn the bodies. Can't leave the job half-done.
- Burtur: It's a bit sacrilegious, but necessary to do right now- otherwise they just keep coming back, like they do across the ridge in Kander.
- Burtur: The ones around here all come up from the river, though, and since it runs right through the town, well... You can see the problem.
- Burtur: Since we don't live in a reeking, pockmarked plain, we have to burn the bodies so any dead don't turn right around against us.
- Gelibord Guard: Say your goodbyes, all. Irahe will be missed. Step away from the pyre!
- Burtur: Some conspiracy theorists think that the Lazarus Pit is the issue. It's an urban legend, a well of water that can revive the dead.
- Burtur: Supposing that it's real, it would make some sense, at least- If it started feeding into the river or water tables, then we'd get the current goings-on.
- Burtur: Of course, no one knows where it is, since it's just rumors, but there's supposedly an "Order" of pit-keepers. Conveniently long dead, and buried in that small graveyard just north of here.
- Burtur: It's... probably just Referick having made the rounds to any drunk who would listen a while back, but it's also our only shot. If you could give it a search, and a yay or nay?
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Find the body of the Order's mage in Gelibord's graveyard at [-999, 48, -5340]
- It looks like the revived mage dropped something.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Locate the chapel mentioned by the talisman, or return to Burtur for assistance.
Note: If Burtur is visited, the following dialogue plays and the quest step updates.
- Burtur: Oh, you found something? Well color me shocked that there was any stock to Referick's ranting...
- Burtur: 'Chapel of an ancient order'? There's a chapel just northwest of here. I'd say investigate that! I have to stick around here in case of another attack, but...
» Investigate the Order's chapel northwest of Gelibord at [-1124, 44, -5489]
- Around the crypt, four graves there lie
- Four tasks to solve, from those who have died.
- Bring them the water of life anew
- And the Pit of Youth will no longer elude.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Solve the crypt's riddle to 'bring the water of life anew' to the graves.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Revive the people in the tombs with the Lazarus Water and complete their tasks.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Open the crypt door at [-1124, 44, -5489]
|Location||Dark Forest||X||-1124||Y||44||Z||-5489||Wynncraft Map|
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the crypt's inner chamber at [-1150, 33, -5489]
|Location||Dark Forest||X||-1150||Y||33||Z||-5489||Wynncraft Map|
- It's an old book, rather ripped and torn...
- Old Book: ... the Lazarus Pi... said to bring back the dead.
- Old Book: Be warned, traveller, th... not truly alive agai... were before.
- Old Book: ... In times of great need, one can find... at [-958, 46, -5438]
- Old Book: But know this... use for greed or self-ga... result in... worse than death.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Find the entrance to the Lazarus Pit at [-958, 46, -5438]
|Location||Dark Forest||X||-958||Y||46||Z||-5438||Wynncraft Map|
- Looks like there's some debris blocking the path, but perhaps you could blast it away with a spell up close?
Use any spell near the debris
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Follow the path to the Lazarus pit at [-958, 46, -5438] and enter the Pit.
|Location||Dark Forest||X||-958||Y||46||Z||-5438||Wynncraft Map|
- This must be the entrance to the Lazarus Pit... Seems like it goes down rather far. Better jump in.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Follow the cave to find the Lazarus Pit.
Kill the 3 waves of mobs that spawn to open the way
- Looks like the way down to the Lazarus Pit has been opened up...
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Find a way to block off the water pillar in the Lazarus Pit.
- Is the water going... upwards? You should look around for a way to cut it off.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Tell Burtur that you have blocked off the Lazarus Pit at [-1025, 47, -5302]
|Location||Dark Forest||X||-1025||Y||47||Z||-5302||Wynncraft Map|
- Looks like you managed to block off the Pit from the river... You should tell Burtur what you've done.
- Burtur: Ah, you're back! We were getting a tad worried about you. Were you able to figure anything out in the chapel there?
- Burtur: Wait, you found the Lazarus Pit? AND blocked the flow into the river? Grook feathers you humans work quick! It's only been a few hours!
- Burtur: Heck, I gotta pitch in and compensate you for that hard work. I know we're not the richest, but I hope you'll accept this.. other way of paying, too!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The title of the quest and location is a reference to Lazarus, a figure in the Christian bible who was resurrected four days after his death.
- Wynn has its own location similar to the Lazarus Pit, in the form of the Fountain of Youth.
- In stage 2 Burtur refers to Referick, which is the starting NPC for A Headless History.