Lost Royalty is a medium length level 65 quest starting in Troms.
The Tromsian King's son has gone missing, so Yavlis hires the player to retrieve him back from some mercenaries.
- Yavlis: Oh, hello there! I had hoped not to bother you, adventurer, but this is urgent.
- Yavlis: You see, the king is very... erm, distracted, and you are just the kind of willing, able-bodied person I need.
- Yavlis: You see, the king's son has gone missing, and with him worrying so much, the problems of the city have festered unsolved.
- Yavlis: We believe he was kidnapped by the splinter cell mercenaries in the jungle... Unfortunate, too. They used to be quite honourable.
- Yavlis: Well, anyway, they're usually spotted outside the run-down farm outside of town. Go there and see what they want in return for the young prince.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to finding the Mercenary Leader.
The Mercenary Leader is in the cave at [-736, 60, -824]. The leader himself is at [-803, 35, -741].
- Mercenary Leader: Excuse me?! What are you doing here, how did you find our secret hideout?
- Mercenary Leader: Oh, you're here for the boy? A mighty fine steal, that one! The boy won't be leaving this establishment for free. I'll need some nice loot for him.
- Mercenary Leader: Ah, but what to have you fetch...oh, haha! This would be a perfect opportunity to obtain that... Alright, ears open!
- Mercenary Leader: There's a certain talisman that we aren't able to get to in the temple not far from here. It has special abilities that allow my men to be strengthened, see.
- Mercenary Leader: The guardians there pack quite the punch, and there's some nasty mechanism in the way that we just can't crack.
- Mercenary Leader: The temple is found just across the waterway, in a crevice in the mountain. It used to be blocked until those WynnExcavation fellows tried digging there.
- Mercenary Leader: You get that talisman in my hands, and the king's boy is yours. Now off you pip! I'm a very busy man.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to obtaining the talisman.
You must kill an Ancient Skeleton in the throne room to get the talisman. To get to the throne room, you can simply go up the central staircase, drop down, and follow the path of tunnels around in a circle (starting by going to the north), until you reach a wall with a stone button on it. Press the button to open the door and enter the throne room, then once you have the talisman you can simply leave via a small tunnel out of the room.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drops||Location|
|Temple Guardian||68||9050||Melee AI||-||✦ Weak
|Rat||1||8||Melee AI||-||-||-||Jungle Temple|
|Ancient Skeleton||1||1||None AI||-||-||
|Jungle Temple |
- Mercenary Leader: You've gotten the talisman! I can't believe you actually got through that puzzle!
- Mercenary Leader: At this point I would usually keep the kid and throw you out of here, but since you've done what I've asked in such a timely fashion, he's all yours.
- Mercenary Leader: When you get back to whoever asked you to do this, tell him to leave my men and I alone! We guildsmen lay down our lives every day, we don't need any more hostile onlookers!
» Talk to the Prince of Troms in the jail cell
- King's Son: Uh... Hi? Err, why did you free me? I'm trying to run away, I hate being the son of the King.
- King's Son: He expects too much of me! I hate politics, and I want to be a great mercenary like Tisaun, to help protect people that can't protect themselves!
- King's Son: It's not like my father ever listened to me when I told him. He wouldn't even let me out of the castle.
- King's Son: Could you please tell Yavlis that I want to be free? I would be grateful if you could.
» Report back to Yavlis with the news
- Yavlis: Ah, finally! You're back. Did they let you bring him back? Those mercenaries have an awful habit of failing to honour their deals.
- Yavlis: Wait, the prince said what? He truly wants to be a mercenary? Oh my... then he must have escaped on his own.
- Yavlis: Alright then, if that's the path the king's son chooses to walk, then there's nothing we can do.
- Yavlis: I can only hope that he chose to join them out of a will to protect the people, rather than simply brutishness or money.
- Yavlis: Such a shame that old guild has stooped to such a level. Well, we must thank you for your help. You can have the emerald ransom we had intended to pay.