|Note: This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by.|
Note: This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by
Mastery Tomes are raid reward items that give basic buffs to the player, such as XP bonus, damage modifiers, and defense, with the exception of Guild Tomes. There are 2 levels of tomes available as well as Legendary, Fabled, or Mythic tiers. Most armour and weapon tomes contain prefixes that determine its stat identifications, however, the base buff is the same across all tomes of that type. Tomes are Soulbound, meaning they cannot be used on any class except the original owner of the Tome.
- 1 Unlocking
- 2 Obtaining
- 3 Mastery Tomes
- 4 Guild Tomes
- 5 Usage
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
To use the Tome Menu, you first must complete the first part of the Realm of Light questline, Realm of Light I - The Worm Holes. This will unlock a menu for the Tomes. There are currently 13 usable slots in the menu. Each slot is unlocked through various achievements in addition to having a Combat Level requirement.
The Armour Mastery Tome Slots are in the center of the Tome Menu, the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots are in the upper-left of the Tome Menu, the Slaying Mastery Tome Slots are in the upper-right of the Tome Menu, the Gathering Mastery Tome Slots are in the bottom-left of the Tome Menu, the Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slots are in the bottom-right of the Tome Menu, and the Guild Tome Slot is in the top-center of the Menu.
Armour Mastery Tome Slot Requirements
- Combat Lv 60 Minimum, 25 Secret Discoveries Found
- Combat Lv 70 Minimum, 50 Quests Completed
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, 10,000 Mobs Killed
- Combat Lv 90 Minimum, 12 Unique Dungeon Completions
Weapon Mastery Tome Slot Requirements
- Combat Lv 50 Minimum, Completed Nest of the Grootslangs
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, Total Level 300 Minimum
Slaying Mastery Tome Slot Requirements
- Combat Lv 60 Minimum, 200 Chests Looted
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, 300 Discoveries Found
Gathering Mastery Tome Slot Requirements
- Combat Lv 100 Minimum, Participated in 10 Guild Wars
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, Visited 8 Houses
Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slot Requirements
- Combat Lv 70 Minimum, Completed Temple of the Legends
- Combat Lv 90 Minimum, Spent 32,000 Emeralds on the Trade Market
Guild Tome Slot Requirement
- Combat Lv Minimum 105, Complete 15 Raids
Mastery Tomes are obtained from Raids. They are raid-specific rewards obtained from the raid reward chest at the end of each raid, though not all types of tomes are obtainable from each raid. Nest of the Grootslangs gives level 1 tomes of all types (except for guild tomes). Orphion's Nexus of Light gives level 2 weapon and dungeoneering tomes, as well as level 1 gathering tomes. The Canyon Colossus gives level 2 armour, gathering, and slaying tomes.
Guild Tomes are acquired differently in that they are either gained from holding territories with the Tome Seeking upgrade active, acquiring SR in Guild Seasons, or by reaching enough Weekly Guild Objectives done.
Mastery Tomes give a bonus in a primary stat, such as +X% more XP from slaying mobs, and those of Fabled or Mythic rarity also have other identifications that are reflected in their name. For example, a Sorcerer's Tome of Armour Mastery II will have +4% Mob Damage Resistance as well as some Spell Damage as a secondary identification.
There are 5 different types of Mastery Tomes: Armour, Weapon, Slaying, Gathering, and Dungeoneering.
- Armour Tomes give resistance to damage from mobs.
- Weapon Mastery Tomes give a damage boost against mobs.
- Slaying Mastery Tomes give a boost in XP from killing mobs.
- Dungeoneering Mastery Tomes give a boost in XP from completing dungeons.
- Gathering Mastery Tomes give a boost in XP from gathering materials.
Mastery Tomes that are Fabled or Mythic will have a modifier prefix, indicating that it one or more identifications similar to other items. Legendary Mastery Tomes do not have a modifier prefix and solely give a generic boost from the primary stat of the Tome. (Ex: +X Health for a Legendary Armour Mastery Tome).
Below are tables of the prefixes and what they signify for the Mastery Tomes that have them. (Help in adding info to these tables would be appreciated!)
List of Armour Mastery Tomes
Fabled Armour Tomes provide various identifications on top of Mob Damage Resistance: +3% for Fabled tier I; +5% for Fabled tier II.
Although lower tier Armour Tomes provide health, the 2% extra Mob Damage Resistance will nearly always provide a higher ehp (effective hp) boost.
+2-7% Main Attack Dmg.
+2-8% Main Attack Dmg.
+2-7% Spell Damage
+2-8% Spell Damage
+5-20 Health Regen
+18-78 Health Regen
+8/3s-33/3s Life Steal
+26/3s-111/3s Life Steal
+2-7% Loot Bonus
+2-8% Loot Bonus
+2-7% Walk Speed
+2-8% Walk Speed
Mythic Armour Tomes provide identifications of elemental defense % and health on top of 8% Mob Damage Resistance.
|Type of Tome||Earth||Thunder||Water||Fire||Air||Rainbow||Identifications|
|Mythic Armour Tome||Blooming||Pulsing||Oceanic||Courageous||Clouded||Radiant||+3-13% respective Elemental Defense, or +2-8% of each Elemental Defense (Radiant)
List of Weapon Mastery Tomes
Fabled Weapon Tomes provide skill point bonuses in their respective elements, while Mythic Weapon Tomes provide elemental damage. All Weapon Tomes additionally provide extra damage to mobs: +7% for Fabled tier I; +8% for Fabled tier II; +12% for Mythic.
|Type of Tome||Earth||Thunder||Water||Fire||Air||Rainbow||Identification|
|Fabled Weapon Tome||Earthbound||Nimble||Mystical||Warding||Athletic||Cosmic||+3 skill points, or +1 in all for rainbow|
|Mythic Weapon Tome||Seismic||Voltaic||Abyssal||Infernal||Cyclonic||Astral||+2-9% respective Elemental Damage, or +2-8% of each Elemental Damage (Astral)|
List of Slaying Mastery Tomes
Slaying Mastery Tomes only come in Legendary rarity and provide an XP bonus from killing mobs.
|Tome Name||Ability Range|
|Tome of Slaying Mastery I||+15% Slaying XP|
|Tome of Slaying Mastery II||+30% Slaying XP|
List of Gathering Mastery Tomes
Gathering Mastery Tomes only come in Legendary rarity and provide an XP bonus when you gather materials for your Gathering Professions.
|Tome Name||Ability Range|
|Tome of Gathering Mastery I||+5% Gathering XP|
|Tome of Gathering Mastery II||+10% Gathering XP|
List of Dungeoneering Mastery Tomes
Dungeon Mastery Tomes only come in Legendary rarity and provide an XP bonus from completing dungeons.
|Tome Name||Ability Range|
|Tome of Dungeoneering Mastery I||+10% Dungeon XP|
|Tome of Dungeoneering Mastery II||+20% Dungeon XP|
Also called Tomes of Allegiance, Guild Tomes are received from guild members completing their Weekly Objective as well as from the Tome Seeking upgrade for towers. Chiefs can reward Guild Tomes the guild has earned to members of the Guild. Unlike all other Mastery Tomes, Guild Tomes are Untradable instead of Soulbound and thus is useable across all Classes on the player's account.
Guild Tomes will give 3 skill points to one skill as well as grant +2% Elemental Damage to that specific element, or give 2 Skill Points to 2 Skills, or give 1 Skill Point to each skill. Each Mastery Tome has a name for different skill point combinations. Below is a table for the names of the Guild Tomes:
|All Elements: Assimilator's|
Mastery Tomes, once identified, can be equipped in the player's compass menu. Clicking on it will open a menu where one may place their tomes. There are 4 armour tome slots, 2 weapon tome slots, 2 gathering tome slots, 2 dungeoneering tome slots, 2 slaying tome slots, and one guild tome slot.
- The Tome Menu has references and symbolism hidden in it all throughout its design.
- You can see a depiction of The Eye in the background.
- There are some runes hidden in the menu.
- A Tol Rune is in between the Weapon and Gathering Mastery Tome Slots.
- A Nii Rune is on one of The Eye's 'eyelashes'.
- An Ek Rune is in between the Slaying and Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slots.
- An Uth Rune is in between an unknown Rune and the Slaying Mastery Tome Slots.
- An Az Rune is in between an unknown Rune and the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots.
- There are some Wynnic characters on the Menu.
- To the left of the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'Mob Killer'.
- Above the Guild Tome Slot is reads 'Gifts of Many'.
- To the right of the Slaying Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'XP from Mobs'.
- To the right of the Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'Dungeon XP'.
- Underneath the unused Tome Slot, it reads 'Gather XP'.
- This could hint towards the Tome Slot at the bottom being another Gathering Tome Slot.
- To the left of the Gathering Mastery Tome Slots, it reads 'Guild Breaker'.
- In between the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots and the Armour Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'Protection'.
- To the right of the depiction of The Eye, it reads 'From Evils'.
- When combining both of the 2 above descriptions together, it reads 'Protection from Evils'.
- To the left and right of the four Armor Mastery Tome Slots and Nii Rune depiction, there are eight wynnic characters. These spell out 'Kiocifer', the Content Team member who created the tome menu.