|One Thousand Meters Under|
|Starter NPC||Help Wanted|
One Thousand Meters Under is a long level 95 quest.
After looking at a Help Wanted sign, the player chooses to help Scientist Ynnos with finding a purple crystal with strange properties. Weird things seem to happen at different heights under Ahmsord.
- Help Wanted.
- Employer: Scientist Ynnos.
- Job Description: Manual labour, exploration, protection.
- Location: Ahmsord Research facility [1118, 101, -4520].
- Reward: Should you survive, 32EB.
» Talk to The Secretary at [1121, 101, -4525].
- The Secretary: Hello, welcome to Ynnos' facility.
- The Secretary: Oh, you're here about the job vacancy?
- The Secretary: There might still be time, just sneak in to the conference room behind me.
» Enter the conference room and listen to the scientist.
- Scientist Ynnos: *Ahem* Welcome, everyone.
- Scientist Ynnos: I am Ynnos, one of the leading scientists in Gavel. You're here because... Well you read the help wanted sign.
- Scientist Ynnos: Allow me to explain the situation we're in. It's a series of unfortunate events. I study the amazing properties of crystals and other geodes.
- Scientist Ynnos: I am funded by a private organization, however that seems to have stopped. So... We had to make cuts in the budget.
- Scientist Ynnos: One of these, was using cheaper rope. While moving the crystal across Ahmsord, well, it snapped. The crystal fell.
- Scientist Ynnos: I can not stress the value of that crystal. It had many unique properties that are allowing me to understand why the Sky Islands float the way they do.
- Scientist Ynnos: They hold the very key to restoring this land to being whole once more... But it's gone.
- Scientist Ynnos: Fortunately, I detected an impact. It's hit something down in the void. We're not sure what, however or how deep.
- Scientist Ynnos: Your mission will be to retrieve the crystal in a specially designed ship to withstand the void. We barely scraped it out of the budget, so try to bring it back in one piece.
- Scientist Ynnos: If you think you are not up for the challenge, leave now...
- Scientist Ynnos: When you think you are ready, exit the room behind me and meet me at the dock as soon as possible.
- It looks like everyone already went inside the submarine.
» Meet up with the crew inside the submarine.
» Wait for the submarine to arrive at the void islands.
- Arlene: I wonder what the mechanic is doing?
- Arlene: He has been screaming and crying for a while now. I hope everything is alright down there.
- Kantor: Attention crew members.
- Kantor: This is the ship's mechanic. There appears to be a fault on the middle deck. I request urgent assistance.
- After successfully fixing the rope you find one leftover piece, you should give it to the mechanic.
- Kantor: Thank you so much! I thought we would all die before the mission even started!
- Kantor: It'll still be a long trip down to the void, though. Why don't you take a nap up at the resting room to pass the time?
» Take a nap in the resting room.
- You wake up after a little nap.
» Talk to the captain outside of the submarine.
- Captain Olof: We have encountered out first island, 100m down. Crew members, climb up the ladder and search the island for the crystal.
- Captain Olof: We've arrived at the next void island.
- Captain Olof: The void islands are really different from Gavel... Or are we still in Gavel?
- Captain Olof: Anyway, let's explore the island and look for the void crystal and return to Ahmsord!
» Explore the island and look for the crystal.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to go to the next island.
Go to the end of the path and right-click the junk.
- The area seems to be filled with junk that has fallen from Ahmsord.
- The crystal must have fallen deeper.
» Return to the submarine and continue your journey.
» Continue your journey.
- Captain Olof: What are these creatures!
- Captain Olof: They are attacking the windshield in the front room!
- Captain Olof: It's going to break any second now.
- Captain Olof: Don't let the creatures break through glass! Press against it and scare them off!
- Although some parts broke, you succeeded in protecting the windshield.
- Captain Olof: This is not good, the creatures destroyed part of the windshield.
- Captain Olof: We can't continue much longer with a broken windshield, we'll have to repair it at another island.
- Captain Olof: Ynnos said the void has pockets of toxic gas. Go take a nap, I'll wake you up when we're there.
» Head to the resting room.
- A voice wakes you up.
- Captain: Attention crew. We have arrived at the second island, 300m down. We cannot progress without making some emergency repairs.
- Captain: Crew, please disembark and search for anything that could be used to repair the ship. We need glass and some kind of glue.
» Meet up with the captain outside the submarine.
- Captain Olof: We need to repair the submarine.
- Captain Olof: The void creatures did heavy damage to our craft.
- Captain Olof: I'm not sure what we'll find here, but we'll need some glue and glass...
- Captain Olof: I doubt we'll find those exact things so get resourceful!
- Captain Olof: Bring me 5 sand replacements and 10 glue substitutes, that should be enough.
» Get the ingredients to fix the submarine.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to One Thousand Meters Under.
Take 5 Fallen Sand (it's near orange sand) and 10 Void goo (In cave when killing [Void Slime])
- Captain Olof: Ech! What is this stuff? Well, this should do the trick.
- Captain Olof: Me and the mechanic will start repairing, it'll take a while, so enter the submarine and rest up.
- Captain Olof: We'll continue the trip when we've repaired the ship.
» Continue your journey.
- Jesp: Oh, blast! Do you smell that?
- Jesp: The scientist warned us about the gases down here.
- Jesp: The vents have been opened during the fight with the voidlings.
- Jesp: The blasted controls are not working from here!
- Jesp: Quick, run to the basement and shut the vents manually.
- Jesp: If too much gets in we'll suffocate!
- Report to the sleeping quarters until you reach the next island.
- The submarine grinds to a halt.
- Captain Olof: Attention crew. We have arrived at the next island 700m down.
- Captain Olof: Disembark and start the search for the crystal.
- Captain Olof: Let's hope it's here... I don't know how much more void my body can handle.
- Rex: We got this, just take care of the monsters while we build the bridge!
- Manny: Don't die! We're soon done.
- Jesp: This is hard, but we'll make it!
- Arlene: Be careful, it seems to be getting tougher. The bridge is soon ready to use.
- Manny: Hey, the bridge is ready!
- The crystal you're looking for is purple, not blue.
- Head back to the submarine and keep looking.
» Return to the submarine and continue the journey.
- Rex: We didn't find the crystal here either. Maybe it just fell in the void?
- Manny: No, it must have hit an island. The scientist said he detected a collision.
- Rex: Wait... What's that sound?
- Manny: The ropes are snapping! Quick! Abandon ship!
- This isn't good. You're the only survivor... You need to continue the mission, it's better to just leave this place...
» Continue your mission and find the crystal.
- Celuuse: Whooooooooo are you!?
- Celuuse: A...HUUUUUUMAN!? In the void?
- Celuuse: Someone dropped a boooook about you people! Warriors! Workers!
- Celuuse: Ah. You want to know about this place?
- Celuuse: Well... We were once Villagers. I think we still are, a bit.
- Celuuse: For some reason, 1000 years ago. The sky islands ruptured.
- Celuuse: Some stayed. Others fell. We somehow survived the fall into the void.
- Celuuse: How we have lived for so long, I do not know. But one thing we know for sure. The void provides.
- Celuuse: We are stuck here now. The void has forever changed our physiology.
- Celuuse: The crystal you are looking for fell on this island. But...
- Celuuse: We need it. It will aid us for years.
- Celuuse: We have very limited resources here. That's why a power source like this is so valuable.
- Celuuse: If you go to the east, you will find Rontaid our chief scientist. He'll know what to do.
» Talk to Rontaid outside the town at [14144, 118, -4255].
- Rontaid: WHAT...WHO...Humans in the void!?
- Rontaid: Well, looks like the book we found wasn't fiction after all!
- Rontaid: This crystal is going to be our savior. I was trying to create one of my own you know.
- Rontaid: I think I have the formula, but we don't have what we need to make it.
- Rontaid: Instead of taking this crystal back, why don't I exchange it for the recipe?
- Rontaid: That way, you can make unlimited crystals, and we can keep this one.
- Rontaid: Here's the recipe, give it to a scientist or someone a bit...smarter than yourself. A platform was lowered from the surface a while ago at your crash site, if you wish to return, follow this path, I made a shortcut.
» Return to the crash site by following the road.
- You see a platform next to the submarine, this is your way out!
» Return to the scientists and tell him the news.
- Scientist Ynnos: You survived! Where is everyone else?
- Scientist Ynnos: ...
- Scientist Ynnos: I knew some must have died... But all of them?
- Scientist Ynnos: Well... At least I don't have to pay them! Hah!
- Scientist Ynnos: That was heartless of me, I'm sorry. The rope we used was too weak to hold you down there.
- Scientist Ynnos: My calculations didn't account for the void's physics.
- Scientist Ynnos: At least we got you back in one piece. You can tell us what happened.
- Scientist Ynnos: ...
- Scientist Ynnos: Well I'll be damned. I'll start sending post down there! We can work together.
- Scientist Ynnos: Better to keep everything that happened here a secret. I don't want to lose what little funding I have. This recipe is genius! Here, take this as well as your money.
- There is a weapon merchant in the void village.
- If you die on the void islands, you will spawn on a Gateway Island. If you die during the quest, simply return to submarine.
- You can get back to the void after completing the quest by using the crane next to the research facility in Ahmsord.
- The organization that is funding Ynnos is actually WynnExcavation
- This quest is probably a reference to A Series of Unfortunate Events, the scientist's name backwards is Sonny, and he literally says that in the conference. Also, Olof is the captain
- The quest name is a reference to the book "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Verne which also includes a submarine and adventure into the unknown abyss of the seas of the Earth.