The Boss Altar
|Mold, viscera, chemicals, and waste combine to give this laboratory a disgusting smell. Filth seems to cover every inch of this place.|
|Coordinates||X: -1830, Z: -5260|
|Monsters||Locust of Consumption (Lv. 50)|
Locust of Rejuvenation (Lv. 50)
Locust of Infection (Lv. 50)
|Boss||Olux Plague Doctor|
|Olux Swamp |
In order to enter, 5 Cursed Venom Sacs must be right clicked on the altar. The venom sacs are dropped by Cursed Silk Spiders, which spawn inside dens found in the swamp - the nearest den is slightly north of the house where the altar is located. After activating the altar, you get teleported to the Plague Laboratory. From there you can enter the boss arena.
Olux Plague Doctor: Hm? Aha, so the noises I heard were an uninvited guest rummaging about my laboratory...
Olux Plague Doctor: Well, I do suppose it would be rude to hide the fruits of my study from you. Perhaps you will even provide just what I need to complete my next experiment!
The boss for this altar is the Plague Doctor. He has 60 000 HP, and uses a ranged attack in the shape of a potion bottle every 2 seconds, inflicting significant damage. He often attacks by using Explosion and Arrow Storm spells. Explosion is often signaled by a Charge, and Arrow Storm is often signaled by a Push. He can additionally use Heavy Weakness, Heavy Slowness and Teleport spells. He is resistant to all elemental damage and deals Earth and Water damage himself.
The minions of the battle have an unique attribute to them. They are practically "unkillable" as they constantly cycle between their 3-4 phases, never dying for good. Only the Rejuvenation and Transformation locust phases can be killed by the player, where as the rest will just eventually use Self-Destruct to transform into their next form. All of the minions, along with the boss itself, have Crowd Control Immunity, also known as CCI, which means that they cannot be stunned, slowed, trapped, or any of the sort.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drops||Location|
|Olux Plague Doctor||60||60000||Ranged||Teleport
|✽ Water: Damage, Defense
✤ Earth: Damage, Defense
✹ Fire: Defense
❋ Air: Defense
✦ Thunder: Defense
|Locust of Rejuvenation||50||5250||Melee||Heal
|-||Locust of Infection||Plague Laboratory |
Locust of Transformation
|Locust of Infection||50||500000||Melee||Slowness
|-||Locust of Consumption||Plague Laboratory |
Locust of Rejuvenation
|Locust of Consumption||50||500000||Melee||Multihit
|-||Locust of Rejuvenation||Plague Laboratory |
Locust of Infection
|Locust of Transformation||50||3500||Melee||Self-Destruct||-||Locust of Rejuvenation||Plague Laboratory|
The arena is filled with different Locusts. For each Locust killed, another one spawns, and the Olux Plague Doctor constantly summons new ones as well. The limit is 199 Locusts in the room at once, although most players become quickly overwhelmed before this cap is reached.
- Locust of Rejuvenation: These have 3500 health and are easily killed, however focusing on them is not recommended since when killed they will just spawn a different type of locust. They only deal 60-70 damage per hit and only have Heal and Self Destruct spells.
- Locust of Consumption: These have 500000 health and are virtually invincible. They deal 130-170 damage per hit and have Multihit and Self Destruct spells.
- Locust of Infection: These have 500000 health as well, but only deal 90-120 damage per hit. They have Slowness, Weakness and Self Destruct spells.
- Focus on the Olux Plague Doctor and try to kill him as fast as possible, do not try to kill the Locusts. They will overwhelm you within a few minutes and you will inevitably die if you don't kill the boss first.
- Be aware of the Self Destruct spells, as they can deal heavy amounts of damage at once and potentially kill you.
- The altar used to require 16 Cursed Venom Sacks, but the amount was drastically decreased in Version 1.20.2.
- The boss's name and appearance resembles SCP-049 ("Plague Doctor").