Rise of the Quartron
|Rise of the Quartron|
|Starter NPC||Manager Nasea|
Rise of the Quarton is a long level 49 quest based in the Karoc Quarry.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
|Location||Karoc Quarry||X||-1663||Y||46||Z||-4376||Wynncraft Map|
- Nasea: Shipment 3A and 4B, fully accounted for... shipments 5C and 6A...missing 50% of quartz content?!
- Nasea: Agh, this is getting worse! There's never been so much loss...whoever this is, thy're getting bold...
- Nasea: Ugh, go AWAY! Quit hovering over my shoulder like that- wait, a Human? Since when did you get here?
- Nasea: What, you like listening to the melodious sound of my voice or something? Or do you intend to help out?
- Nasea: Well, I'm flattered either way, and I could certainly use the help. Quartz is going missing from my shipments.
- Nasea: Obviously one of the laborers is siphoning it to someplace, and I can't have that happening. So, be a private eye, humie.
- Nasea: This is actually pretty dire- quartz has some magicality to it, see. It likes to soak up magic power, which means it can be weaponized.
- Nasea: We tend not to use it for weapons since it can overcharge, but that's neither here nor there, is it?
- Nasea: Every siphoned shipment has gone through Dado. Interrogate him! He hangs out past the big red tent, near the house with red flags.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Dado and see if he is the culprit.
|Location||Karoc Quarry||X||-1718||Y||52||Z||-4427||Wynncraft Map|
- Dado: Okay, these go to division P, and...look, I'm busy allocating these deliveries to Llevigar. Go pester someone else, okay?
- Dado: ...what. You...think I... Pfff... Pffhahaaaah! Ohhh, that's RICH coming from a human of all things!
- Dado: "Oh, me, the hired gun species that kills for money, will accuse you, a storied worker of seven years, of illegal activity!" Wow, you HYPOCRITE!
- Dado: I'm hardly even angry about this! But, yeah, you freak. You got the wrong guy, surprise! Your brain workin' right in there?
- Dado: I bet you got some wires crossed in there, huh? Go scuttle on back to town and kill someone's Wybel for pocket change or something.
- Dado won't budge about the topic. Maybe Nasea has an idea to get him to confess.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Go back to Nasea and tell him about Dado’s response.
- Nasea: I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that asking him nicely whether he committed theft didn't bring up any answers.
- Nasea: What, he brushed you off like THAT? Jeez, I knew he was a jerk, but really? That's just uncalled for.
- Nasea: We have to make him talk...if shipments keep going missing, my contractors are going to look elsewhere!
- Nasea: We need to prove that he's guilty...wait, you came to ME for ideas? This is why I asked you for help! Am I really back to square one?
- ???: Aah, Nasea!
- Nasea: I...what are you doing here, uh...Larry? Were you missing quartz too??
- Lari: Ah, it's...Lari. No, the quartz shipment found its way fine...
- Lari: But, there was hardly an effect. Your idea was, unfortunately, a dead end.
- Nasea: Well, I did warn you that it was only an idea. I manage the mine, I don't practice purification magic. Don't pin anything on me for that.
- Lari: I did not intend to imply that. Your help was appreciated, fate simply had opposing plans...
- Lari: ...is this human a part of your operations, miss?
- Nasea: Well, in a sense. Someone's siphoning quartz, but our suspect wasn't intimidated by the ten tons of armor, so we're at a loss. Any ideas?
- Lari: ...as a matter of fact, I do have a solution. Elven botany describes a flower that grows decently close by, the "Tattytale" flower.
- Lari: It weakens the will of those who catch a whiff of its petals, making them pliable to questions. It's...unpleasant, but if it is needed, I suppose.
- Lari: There is a cave infested with spiders, and covered with webs in the western mountain. It is the only place it grows outside of Aldorei, unfortunately.
- Lari: Nasea, since it didn't help, I've returned the quartz. I thank you for your help...and I shall bid you both adieu.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find the Tattytale Flower.
|Location||Cave Entrance||X||-1744||Y||56||Z||-4526||Wynncraft Map|
- You should head back to Dado with the flower.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
- Dado: Hey, everyone's least-favorite attack dog! Here boy! You want the emerald? Go kill all the flies in my house! Come on boy!
- Dado: Aw, flowers. How sweet of you! Sorry, but I don't cave to psychopaths or flattery, hehehee!
- You press the flower up against his nose while he's laughing. Dado gets a big whiff of the petals, and immediately his expression goes slack.
- Dado: I...huff... What was THAT for?! Are you offended that I don't like your flo- What? What am I doing with the quartz?
- Dado: Uh, isn't it obvious? I'm working overtime and sending it up to Popo, duh. Where else would I be sending it?
- Dado: What- Where's Popo sending it? Um...no clue. Whoever it is, they're super rich though. They pay me more than my house is worth every shipment!
- Dado: Not sure why you need to- What? Where's Popo? Uh, he said he'd meet me at the cart track overpass, near the teal flags.
- Dado: This was going to be our first meeting, so I don't know what he looks like, and likewise he's never seen me.
- Dado: ...uh. Okay, I haave no clue why I told you all of that...um, have you got any more of those flowers though? It was actually really good...
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Go up the minecart hill and find Popo.
- Popo: Ah, you must- Wait, never mind. I was expecting a visit from someone else.
- Popo: Wait, you're Dado? I guess humans have more brain capacity than orcs after all, hehah!
- Popo: Okay, down to business. I'm gonna look busy to cover for you while you get to the base for briefing. You'll get the details there.
- Popo: You stick out like a sore thumb, but thankfully humans like to get into lots of weird spots, so it won't look too out of place.
- Popo: Use the small rail here, flick the lever. It'll look like you're just...doing what humans do, instead of drawing suspicion.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Ride the minecart to the bandit mansion.
- Popo: Hop on the minecart, it's leaving! But act natural!
- Harnort: Interesting, a human's been swept up in our plans. Hadn't expected the work force to diversify so fast.
- Harnort: Time for the rundown, oh I love explaining this! I think you'll find what I have to say quite interesting, yes yes!
- Harnort: You see, quartz is a powerful magical material- moreso than many know! It can absorb and harness magical energy, but what more? I had to find out!
- Harnort: The rubes in my research department got me kicked out for suggesting we further our research. What kind of scientist is scared to make advancements?!
- Harnort: But without a board of directors breathing down my neck, my research has led me exactly where I'd hoped, and even more, yes yes!
- Guard: Oi. Got a guest taking the secret passage.
- Harnort: ...
- Dado: Harnort! I'M Dado! This sicko mugged me for info! They're gonna ruin us both!
- Harnort: Guards!! GUARDS!! Capture them! Stop them! Tie them up, do something!! Our research can't go to waste, not at this vital point!!
- Dado: HA! That's what you get for showing me that amazi- HORRIBLE flower! Outta here!
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Break into the laboratory and stop Harnort.
- The door is locked. There has to be a way to get in...
- The door is locked shut, and there's no keyhole anyplace.
- It's made of quartz, it looks like...the sign says not to overcharge the quartz.
- Nasea mentioned that overcharging quartz was dangerous...maybe overcharging the door will destroy it.
- Is there a way to charge quartz anyplace nearby?
- The quartz is charged! Use this to overcharge the door and destroy it!
- Harnort: ...so, it's come to this then. I knew the names of all those guards. I didn't hurt anyone to meet my goal.
- Harnort: You...I won't let their sacrifices be in vain! Llevigar needs to see what quartz is truly capable of! I MUST show them.
- Harnort: My Quartrons are the future! They need to see it! It will have been worth the scheming, and the thieving, and the burnt bridges!
- Harnort: But you- you couldn't leave well enough alone. You stepped in, and callously threw away a hundred lives to stop the inevitable!
- Harnort: One live for a hundred is a fair trade!!
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Take down the Quartron and return to nasea with the news.
- Harnort: Aaah! Not responding?! You- You... YOU! You've destroyed the future! MY future! GAVEL'S future!!!
- Harnort: The futures of a hundred men or more!! You humans deserve to burn in hell for your careless destruction!
- Harnort: The energy output by the detonations is overcharging the quartz in the walls... This entire lab is a deathtrap now! Do us all a favor- SIT STILL AND DIE ALREADY!!
- Nasea: ...you've got some serious explaining to do. First you disappear to get that Tattle flower, or whatever it was.
- Nasea: Then Dado ran through here screaming that he was drugged or nugged, and ran off to the east ridge.
- Nasea: Then, he came back, asking me if I'd found any more of those flowers, and while he was blabbering the ENTIRE MOUNTAIN SHOOK.
- Nasea: So, spill it. I wanted you to figure out where my quartz was going, and you made one of my workers an addict and caused a freaking landslide!!
- Nasea: ...uh huh. Mhm. ... ...yeah, go on. Uh, okay, I can buy that... I'd never believe you if you hadn't given me the proof.
- Nasea: A militarized quartz mech...yeesh. That guy sounds like a piece of work. Guess that wasn't really your fault after all.
- Nasea: I'll round up the police to get all those guards and them. ...what's with that look? Almost looks like you don't think anyone'll be there. Anyways...
- Nasea: Okay, so I'll out you a quick deal. I'll pay you now for figuring this out, and if you do justt one more thing for me then you'll get something extra.
- Nasea: Take the elevator past the yellow flags and go into the private site, you have my permission. I'll meet you up there.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Join Nasea at the end of the minecart track.
- Nasea: Coming up behind you.
- Nasea: This is the newest mining annex, but we've hit a bit of a brick wall. Well...a gravel wall.
- Nasea: So, if you can open up this area, you'll get access to the mine and whatever you find in it.
- Nasea: You see the gravel wall? See if you can't dig through this for us.
- Nasea: Hm! Clean work there. Pretty impressive, I'd say. So, as promised, you have your mine access, and...
- Nasea: ...the core you showed me folded up into a ring. Really high-tech stuff, but I can't use it, so you can take it. Just head inside now.