Roots of Corruption
|Roots of Corruption|
The Roots of Corruption as seen from their entrance
|A thousand years ago, a group of emerald miners unearthed a mysterious portal. Unknowingly, they doomed the province to centuries of war against the mysterious force known as corruption.|
|Coordinates||X: 95, Z: -1319|
|Access Points||Elkurn Fields to the south and west|
Detlas Suburbs to the north
Black Road to the east
|Involved Quests||Studying the Corrupt|
Fate of the Fallen
Temple of the Legends
A Journey Beyond
|Monsters||Hostile Mobs (Wynn)|
The Roots of Corruption are a giant pit ringed by black spikes to the south-west of Detlas and east of Elkurn. The area is home to the only Nether Portal on the server (excluding the lobby), which is at the east end. The portal used to be accessible and transported players to The Nether, but this feature was removed in 1.19. The Roots and the Portal are the historical source of the corruption in Wynn, and are still by far the most corrupted area in the province. They have grown under the surrounding areas, as seen in the Beneath the Roots secret discovery, and appear to be the cause of the corruption spikes in the Corrupted Village, and others around the area. While the exact effects of proximity to the roots and the Portal are unknown, they are very dangerous and have led to the corruption of multiple powerful figures in the past.
Map[edit | edit source]
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
- Nether Portal - The portal to the Nether, a realm completely overtaken by Corruption. Many have entered the portal, and all of them came back as servants of the Corruption.
- Lightdust Cavern - A cavern where a rare material known as Lightdust is found. It is used in Temple of the Legends to purify the Helmet of Legends.
- Darkness Cavern - A cave where a creature of darkness resides.
- Jorkin's House - The house of a man named Jorkin, who investigates the Nether Portal.
- Garoth's Camp - The hidden camp of Garoth, a scientist who studied the corruption, but ended up corrupted himself.