|Coordinates||X: 1200, Z: -4750|
|Access Points||Ocean to the south through Jofash Tunnel, at X: 1240, Z: -4335|
Canyon of the Lost to the west through Colossal Pass in Kandon-Beda
Molten Heights (east): 1430, -5000
Molten Heights (west): 1185, -5020, both to the north
|Quest Starts||One Thousand Meters Under|
Recipe for Disaster
The Hero of Gavel
|Monsters||List of Mobs (Gavel)|
The Sky Islands are a level 95+, mysterious logic-defying collection of mountainous islands in the far south-east of the Gavel Province. Below the floating islands lies the dark, deathful Void, contributing to the Sky Islands being arguably the most dangerous region to traverse, in addition to being one of the highest leveled ones. Fortunately, the floating level 95+ city of Ahmsord is a spawn point for players in the southwest corner of the region.
Along with the dangers of falling off of the world, numerous hostile enemies roam the islands, one of the most common being Angels. However, not all of the angels are harmful. In fact, the large variety of angel mobs found in the Sky Islands range from the guardian Angels of Protection to the neutral Angels of Vengeance and to the hostile Angels of Battle and Angels of Despair, along with many other types.
To the north of the Sky Islands is Molten Heights and the underground city of Rodoroc, while the Canyon of the Lost lies to the west of it. To the south, one may pass through the Dragonling-filled Jofash Tunnel, and reach Jofash Docks, a gateway to the Ocean.
Points of Interest
- Ahmsord - Slightly east of Kandon-Beda, this flying city is a safe haven for the brave who venture the Islands. It was originally founded by the Skyraiders, who later had to move to their current base due to Villagers taking over the city. These floating structures tethered to one another contain most common merchants, making the town a great rest stop for players (just as long as they don't fall into the void beneath).
- Kandon-Beda - Tucked away in the southwestern corner of the Sky Islands, this small town is perched on a cliff-side and on some smaller islands nearby. It contains amenities like an Item Identifier, a Bank, and a Potion Merchant, and is a popular spot to prepare for The Canyon Colossus Raid.
- Sky Pirate Base - A collection of houses and towers make up the Sky Pirate base in southeastern Sky Islands. The pirates, consisting of only women, are ruled over by a Queen. They often attack airships travelling in Gavel's airspace. Players can start the Royal Trials quest here.
- Ice Castle - A fortress of ice, residing atop the Islands' east mountain border. Its origins are a mystery.
- According to the lore of the quest One Thousand Meters Under, the Sky Islands area was once a continuous landmass known as the Ahms region until an unknown cataclysmic event. In The Fallen Protector it is revealed that it was caused by one of the two colossuses, called the Ahms Colossus, due to malfunction.