The Belly of the Beast
|The Belly of the Beast|
|Starter NPC||King Burtan|
Preview[edit | edit source]
In the midst of a breeding Ozoth, King Burtan sends the player to nullify the mother dragon until its children hatch to prevent it from causing more destruction in Thanos.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to King Burtan.
- King Burtan: Hello, traveller. I suppose you have seen the horrific damage inflicted to Thanos.
- King Burtan: A fearsome dragon named Ozoth is responsible. She lives atop a mountain named for her, called Ozoth's Spire.
- King Burtan: She used to be entirely docile to us dwarves, but ever since she began nesting, she’s become hostile.
- King Burtan: Judging by your impressive equipment, you look like you've seen your fair share of large creatures.
- King Burtan: I am not asking you to slay Ozoth, that would be nearly impossible. I just need you to feed this enchanted flower to her.
- King Burtan: It’s a native Elven species usually diluted down to create sleep medicine.
- King Burtan: The pure substance, however, is very potent and it should calm the beast, perhaps enough to make it hibernate until her egg hatches.
- King Burtan: We sent in Tharroli to do the job, but I bet he lost his dang flower again. The only issue is, dragons do not like flowers. You will have to force feed it to her.
- King Burtan: To reach Ozoth's Spire, go through a cave to the north of the entrance, near the fortress entrance. Follow the flames of Ozoth's breath from there.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- It appears you've been swallowed. You should probably bring the flower to Ozoth's stomach, if you can find a way there. Perhaps there's something at the top of the throat.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Tharroli: Great, another person fell down here. No one seems to be able to survive the trip down… except for me.
- Tharroli: I was supposed to bring some magic flower to calm down the dragon, but I must've lost mine at some point.
- Tharroli: Wait, you brought one? Oh, thank goodness! We still might be able to save my fellow dwarves.
- Tharroli: I'll take your flower and just toss it down into the pit. It should calm the dragon. It's a shame that we’re pretty much just another sacrifice though...
- Tharroli: There. The flower's gone. Now, I can tell you're thinking about escaping. However, it isn't as simple as that.
- Tharroli: First of all, you'd have to make it across this pit, which is nearly impossible. And if you manage to do that, who knows what else is ahead?
- Tharroli: Try to escape if you wish, but it’s probably hopeless. I'll think of another way out, you go ahead without me.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Escape from the inside of Ozoth.
Press the button to open the door
Note - In the parkour over the lava, first head to the right where the button is and go back to the left to where the door is.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Return to King Burtan to tell him of your success.
- King Burtan: Have you fed the flower to Ozoth? You have? Thank you, I cannot believe you were brave enough to approach a dragon. I only curse myself for not honouring my people.
- King Burtan: Ozoth was responsible for countless deaths of my men. Not that I can blame her, you should see dwarf women when they rear their young!
- King Burtan: I trust the task was no mean feat. You deserve a reward for this triumph.
- King Burtan: You have also earned the trust of the dwarves. You will now be allowed into other dwarven cities.
- King Burtan: Thank you, kind traveller. May we meet again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest used to be the requirement to enter the original city of Maex, but the requirement was removed.
- In some of Ozoth body parts, heart-beats can be heard