|The Canary Calls|
The Canary Calls is a medium level 85 quest located in the Thesead mines.
The player approaches Grenot, a coal miner that says that he and his crew can't get in the mines because of a gas that makes villagers ill. The player goes in to fix it, but then things go south.
676, 78, -5019
- Grenot: If you're here to get some coal, we're all out. It's like we told everyone else, the mine isn't safe.
- Grenot: Wait, you don't know what's happening here?
- Grenot: Coal is the heart of Thesead, it provides us with fuel, warmth, and wealth. Usually it's pretty easy to supply, since we mine it right here.
- Grenot: But recently the mine filled with a strange gas. It's poisonous and makes everyone who inhales it extremely sick.
- Grenot: If we could just get inside, we could fix the problem. Until the mine is cleared, we can't get any coal to Thesead.
- Grenot: We've only seen how the gas affects villagers, I wonder if it is less potent for humans...
- Grenot: If you are willing to take the risk, we would greatly reward you for helping us restore the mine to full operation.
» Enter the coal mine.
- This must be the gas Grenot was talking about, luckily it doesn't seem to affect you...
» Progress through the coal mine.
- This crack must be the source of the gas. Maybe you can use something here to seal it...
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution of the minecart puzzle.
- The crack closes, and stops the gas from pouring out. It seems an exit has appeared, too.
» Escape the coal mine!
- Even though you contained the gas, there appears to be some leftover. That thing must've been responsible.
- With all this fire, the leftover gas might make this place explode! Get out of here, quickly!
- That was a close call, but it seems you made it out safely.
» Return to Grenot.
- Grenot: What happened? I heard the explosion, and when one of the other miners went to check what happened, the gas was gone!
- Grenot: Well, I have a hunch that you were responsible for it. I don't know how you did it, but that was extremely brave.
- Grenot: Even after I told you how dangerous that gas is, you still went in to stop it. Now we can get coal to the town again! Ha! Only a Human would care about his fellow men!
- Grenot: On behalf of all of Thesead, I thank you. All right everyone; Thesead needs a lot of coal, so get to work!
- When you see the magma cube, be prepared to run.
- The thing that was causing the gas to flood the mines was most likely a Fleris.
- This is the first quest implemented to use a timer on screen for an action stage.
- The quest in named after a security measure miners did in the past - they carried a cage with a bird with them to detect dangerous gasses. If the bird died, the area was not safe. In this quest we are the bird.