The Fortuneteller is a medium level 97 quest in Kandon-Beda.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Jill.
- Jill: Oh, a Human! We don't see many of your kind around here.
- Jill: I hear you people work for cheap, well I might have a little job for you.
- Jill: I'd go myself, but why would I when I can hire cheap help?
- Jill: Theres a lot of green rock to be made here, so listen up.
- Jill: One of the oldest surviving structures of the islands is rumoured to have the key to a fortune in it.
- Jill: It's the stone castle just east of here, along the separation line.
- Jill: I'm not sure what the "Key" is, but be careful acquiring it, if it was easy, they key would have already been found.
- Jill: I'll be here when you get back.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Search for the key in the castle.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Return to Jill in Kandon-Beda with the treasure.
- Jill: You're back! What did you find?
- Jill: Are these...beans?
- Jill: Is this what you found? No map? No treasure?
- Jill: Peh! What a waste of time. This isn't some Fable kid! If you want to read fairy tales, go to the library.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Go to the library in Kandon-Beda.
Over 1000 years ago, before the great dismantling of the Ahms region, a mighty beast roamed the land.
It was not only a beast of immense power, but also great wisdom. Many would come from far and wide to seek its counsel.
However, after a cataclysmic event, the region shattered, and left the beast lost all hope in villager kind.
For it was the desire of riches that shock the land, and the beast could not tolerate it any longer.
The beast departed the fractured region, leaving the people with all the riches in the world, but no land to enjoy it with.
He departed this land leaving only this advice: Should the greed of this land be in reprimand, seek me out. The seeds of enlightenment should be sewn at the canyon ridge.
Although the location of the "Ridge" has been supposedly found, no such seed has ever grown there.
Leading us to believe that the Ahms region has always been fractured, and that this is just a tale passed down to explain what cannot be explained.
Should you ever want to waste your seeds, the location is [630,147,-4590]
End Of Chapter I.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find the beanstalk.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Climb the beanstalk.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Speak to the Ancient Dragon.
- Farcor: So... another greedy infested simpleton has sought me out for their own desires.
- Farcor: Sorry to disappoint you, but your journey was for nothing. There is no treasure for you to find here.
- Farcor: If you have found your way here, you must know the story. I left Gavel so many years ago.
- Farcor: I've seen this province's history. The destruction of the Ahms Region, the befalling of the Light Forest's Guardian, and the rampage of the darkness in Gavel's northern forests..
- Farcor: ..But I see into you, as well. Your senseless rampage across this entire world is sickening. Your good deeds cannot hold a candle to the violent destruction you've inflicted on thousands of beings..
- Farcor: All of this... for what purpose? Now, enough is enough. Leave this place, and never return. My only offering for you today is this book. Within it lies a choice. I expect you to choose wisely..
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Choosing knowledge grants you access to Llevigar's Library, while choosing wealth grants 2 LE.
- There is a Tier 3 Loot Chest in the top of the castle exterior.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jill may be a reference to Jack & Jill, and, coincidentally, Jack is the name of the boy in Jack and the Beanstalk, which is what this quest is based upon.
- Farcor is a reference to the dragon Falkor from the Neverending Story.