|The Hidden City|
The Hidden City is a long level 88 quest located in the Gavel Province.
A secret human settlement is about to be revealed to all of the Gavel Province, and the player must stop the person who is going to reveal the city.
» Speak to Narder.
- Narder: A Human! Agh! Don't worry about getting me medical attention, I've got this under control...
- Narder: It's a broken leg. I'm already getting it treated, but I have a job to do elsewise- and a time sensitive one, too.
- Narder: I won't be able to do it like this, but it doesn't matter if I'm the one who carries it out. It just needs to be done.
- Narder: I don't work for villagers, I was hired to come here by other humans... there's something you must keep secret.
- Narder: Swear it! If you're going to take the job, and my payment for it, you must be silent about it!
- Narder: Do you agree?
- Narder: Good. To business then.
- Narder: There is a hidden town in the canyon here. Up in the mountains- it was built and run by humans.
- Narder: Now, the villagers have very strict rules about humans living in their lands, and it's VERY illegal.
- Narder: I was contacted by the Mayor because he is aware that the town may have become... compromised.
- Narder: The job is to figure out who and why, of course. To let this slip could collapse the treatise between our races.
- Narder: I've never been to the city in the mountains, but I was given instructions. Here, I'll write down the location in your book.
- Narder: Be aware though, they won't let you in unless the area is safe. They can't risk villagers wandering in.
- Narder: Good luck.
» Head to [890, 47, -5388] to find the human town.
- Curious Villager: Hm? Oh, a fellow adventurer, I see! I'm sorry, but this discovery is mine to make. There's something strange about that door...
- Curious Villager: Deadly gasses? Nonsense! As you can see the two of us are breathing just fine.
- Curious Villager: You want me to leave? Why, so that you can have all of the glory for yourself? Ha, not a chance!
- Curious Villager: The only way I'm leaving is if I can get that door open or if the whole cave starts crashing down on us.
» Cause the cave to collapse
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to causing the collapse.
Go up the ladder and follow the path until you get to the rock spire on the ceiling. Use a spell on the rock to cause the fall.
- Curious Villager: Gweh! I just had to go running my mouth about the cave collapsing! I'm out- if you have any sense you'll leave too!
- A loud mechanical noise can be heard coming from the door.
» Go up to the door and inspect the noise.
» Talk to Eltom Guard.
- Eltom Guard: Thank you for getting rid of that curious villager! We thought he'd never leave.
- Eltom Guard: I've never seen you before. Who gave you access to the town?
- Eltom Guard: You're here in place of the detective the mayor hired?
- Eltom Guard: Normally, I wouldn't believe that, but come in. We're desperate.
- Eltom Guard: If you ever need to leave and get back, I can simply open the way.
- Eltom Guard: You probably should be going now. Our mayor can get impatient.
» Talk to Mayor Eoric in the town hall.
- Eoric: What are you doing here? I'm writing an important letter, this better be worth my time.
- Eoric: What? Narder sent you? Why'd he send a Ragni soldier?
- Eoric: I didn't think the army were authorized to know about Eltom, especially Fruma recruits.
- Eoric: Anyway, Eltom's secrecy is in great danger. We have found evidence of the traitor.
- Eoric: We have locked down all of the exits. No one leaves or enters without my permission.
- Eoric: We need a detective to sniff out the traitor and expose him.
- Eoric: Start by asking the citizens around here about anything suspicious they've seen.
- Eoric: When you find the culprit, remember to leave him alive! The guards will take care of him.
» Ask Eltom Citizens about the note.
- Reder: Sorry, detective, but I haven't seen anything suspicious. In fact, I haven't even left my house for the last week.
- Nichye: The only suspicious thing I've seen is a hooded man walking around. There's not many people in Eltom so it's weird.
- Sybeth: If you want to find out anything, the best person to ask is Lumilda. She's in her bakery, next to the Scroll Shop.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to Lumilda's Location.
- Lumilda: Ah, detective! What brings you to the sweet Lumilda's Bakery?
- Lumilda: Hm, yes, there is a weird person coming through.
- Lumilda: It's a hooded man. Never seen the face. A trouble maker, if you ask me!
- Lumilda: He's been here a few times, usually writing things on a piece of paper. That man's a real mystery. No one even knows where he lives.
- Lumilda: One time my grandson couldn't resist and followed the man. Last thing he saw was the man leaving through the Eastern Exit.
- Lumilda: Ain't that a place to start, sweetheart?
» Inspect anything beyond the Eastern Exit.
- There appears to be a cave up above.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to Solving the Memory Puzzle.
To solve the puzzle, remember the block colors and click the button on the block that has changed in each of the three patterns. If you have trouble remembering, you can take a screenshot.
» Inspect the house.
- ???: Ah. You must be the detective then. None of those half witted Eltomites would figure it out.
- ???: I guess the Grook is out of the pen then.
- ???: This town shouldn’t even be here. Humans aren't allowed to settle in Gavel.
- ???: These Humans couldn’t be bothered to fight their own war, so they hid an entire city here.
- ???: Traitor? I’m no traitor. I'm just looking to carry out the law where it needs to be carried out. Nothing personal, yes?
- Ardulf: Maybe they'll actually use "Ardulf" instead of saying "freak" once they've seen the good I can do for them!
» Read the note on the table.
- - Airship leaves Eltom 6:15 to Thesead
- - Mayor's office on the top layer of Thesead
- - Remember to set up Dwarven bank account
» Head to Eltom's Airbase.
» Talk to Hilan.
- Hilan: H-h-help!
- Hilan: Hooded man... Climbed tower...
- Hilan: Requested to use a ship... I refused...
- Hilan: He beat me up... And left...
- Hilan: Hurry!
» Head up to the Airbase's Tower to confront the hooded man.
» Board the Eltom Cargo Ship.
- Ardulf: What are you doing here? Why are you protecting this illegal town?
- Ardulf: The Villagers will not be happy about Eltom. This could seriously harm the Gavel-Wynn relationship.
- Ardulf: You can't stop me. You wouldn't murder one of your own, would you?
- Ardulf: I will tell the mayor of Thesead all about this place, and claim my reward for doing so. I will be rich and if you want to stop me you will have to do it yourself!
- You feel a very heavy blow to the back of your head. You wake up here.
» Escape your cell and find a way to sabotage the ship.
- To escape your cell, you must pick this weird lock. It seems that the spinning a ring inside will spin the rings next to it another way
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to solving the lock picking puzzle.
To solve the first puzzle: Press the left cyan button 5 times and the left gold button 5 times.
- To Hilan.
- The ship you're running is a mess. This is the third time I've had to repair a coolant leak here.
- The Corkian machines are great, but they aren't eternal. At this rate, you'll need a new ship every winter.
- Is it that hard to understand that no liquid should enter the engine?
- -Engineer Bertin
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to solving the puzzle.
Punch the pipe in the room with the note. Go up the stairs and right click the brewing stand to get Nemract Whiskey. Right click the whiskey on the broken pipe.
» Go down the cargo hatch.
- Thesead's Mayor: What brings a human to my office?
- Thesead's Mayor: A letter? Oh, that. The one about Eltom? Don't look so worried. The secret is safe with me.
- Thesead's Mayor: Yes, I know about Eltom. After all, its mayor is my ex-husband.
- Thesead's Mayor: It may seem weird, a love between a villager and a human. I know, but our race did not stop us from being in love.
- Thesead's Mayor: The person who left the letter about Eltom is our son, Ardulf. As soon as Eoric found out about our child, he panicked and left me.
- Thesead's Mayor: Ardulf will never be accepted as a half breed... Still, I hope he's OK.
- Thesead's Mayor: Huh, oh yeah, one more thing. The switch under the table... go on, press it!
- When you press the button under the desk in Thesead's Mayor's office, a secret passage in the wall opens up. When you go inside, you get teleported to Eltom's Mayor's office.
- Similarly, there's a hole outside of Eltom's Mayor's office that teleports to Thesead's Mayor's office.
- In the room directly above the cargo hold in the Airship, you can see maps depicting Nesaak, Ahmsord and Rymek.
- In Stage 15, there is a secret that can be found. Behind the table containing the Nemract Whiskey, there will be a pressure plate that can be pressed to reveal a valley. Inside the valley are not only multiple spots to grind resources, but also a Mad Explorer mob as well as an NPC called the 'Explorer's Journal.' There is also a Talking Mushroom dialogue that can be triggered here.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drop(s)||Location|
|100px||Mad Explorer||90||4700||Melee||-||-||-||Hidden Valley|
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to The Hidden City.
Day 1 -- I've just arrived in this remote place. No signs of life so far. Finding this treasure should be easy.