The player wishes to gain access to The Passage going between Troms and the Pigmen's Ravine, but only citizens of Troms are allowed through. To become a citizen, the player must enter and complete the Tribal Sanctuary Boss Altar for Ildan.
- Wirt: Not so fast, you!
- Wirt: My dad said I can't let any strangers through this passage!
- Wirt: If you want access, talk to him, he's the recruiter of the town! His name is Ildan. He's just southwest of here.
- Ildan: Oh! So you want to become a member of this town?
- Ildan: You will have to help us first, of course!
- Ildan: I'm sure you've noticed, but there is a tribe camp not too far from here.
- Ildan: They used to have a powerful chief, but he eventually died in battle.
- Ildan: The tribe couldn't bear the fact that he was dead. They performed some unethical necromancy spell on him.
- Ildan: They quickly realized that is was a bad idea, so they locked him in a tomb.
- Ildan: He keeps reviving his minions and it's causing quite some problems to our army.
- Ildan: You can access the tomb from a sacrificial shrine, I've heard, but I'm not sure how. There are probably hints nearby the shrine.
- Ildan: Bring me back [1 Antic Bead] as a proof of its death, and I will let you become a citizen.
- Ildan: I've marked the direction to the shrine in your book. Remember, there should be hints right nearby the shrine. Good luck.
- Ildan: Impressive! You got the bead!
- Ildan: Well, welcome to this town, adventurer! You are now officially a citizen.
- Ildan: Oh, but before you go! I do have a few things to say. First, about the beads here.
- Ildan: The tribesmen accept these as currency, so if you collect enough, I've heard they can offer you powerful masks.
- Ildan: Second, about the shrine. Now, this is just a rumor, but apparently that tomb is not unique.
- Ildan: There are supposed to be a bunch of these altars scattered around the province, even in Gavel too!
- Ildan: If true, you should look for them. While the fights will be tough, I would imagine great rewards could be gotten from them!
- Ildan: Anyway, I've talked enough. I'm proud to have such a powerful fighter join our town! I wish you luck, friend!
- Collect 4 Zombie Eyes on the way to the boss altar to save some time.
- The Chief spawns in a Boss Altar. These are meant to be done by multiple people.
- If you already have one or more Antic Beads from doing the boss altar before, you do not actually need to complete the boss altar again; instead, you can simply give one to Ildan to finish the quest.