Tower of Ascension
|Tower of Ascension|
|Location||Tower of Ascension|
Tower of Ascension is one of the most difficult quests in Wynncraft, and arguably the most difficult in the province of Wynn. It will test the player's skills throughout series of fights that might require the player to request help from others. The quest starts at Tower of Ascension where they have to talk to Ankou, who gives you the task to clear every single floor of the tower. (Note: Some enemy health points may be outdated)
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Ankou is the NPC who starts and ends the quest, and provides the only dialogue. The floormaster on each level of the Tower will only tell you that it needs tokens, or that you can proceed.
Starting the Quest[edit | edit source]
- Ankou: Hehehe... Hello there.
- Ankou: Welcome to the Tower of Ascension!
- Ankou: I challenge you to reach the final floor!
- Ankou: Have you got what it takes to conquer it?
- Ankou: Perhaps you would like to know the layout of the tower first? Hehehehe...
- Ankou: There are 7 floors in this tower, each with ten levels.
- Ankou: Each floor has nine regular levels and one boss level.
- Ankou: To pass a regular level, you must collect ten tokens from the challenge on that level, and one token from boss levels.
- Ankou: After you beat a whole floor, you will return here and you can begin the next one...
- Ankou: So, what do you say? Hehehe...
- Ankou: Turn left and head to the first floor...if you dare...
Ending the Quest[edit | edit source]
- Ankou: You have completed my tower, I see...
- Ankou: Did you enjoy Death? I know him, very well...
- Ankou: Few have conquered such an extreme challenge.
- Ankou: Those who do are the ultimate warriors of this land.
- Ankou: They deserve only the best equipment.
- Ankou: Here, have these, you earned it... Hehehehe...
Floors[edit | edit source]
There are 7 floors each of them containing 10 levels, for a total of 70 rooms in the tower. At the first 9 levels for each floor you have to kill mobs to receive 10 tokens, which you'll have to give to the Floormaster to let you ascend to the next level. In the tenth level of each floor is a powerful boss, which must be killed once to unlock the next floor. If you die on a given level for each floor, your progress will be saved and you can skip each level by just talking to the level guard.
The list of mobs in the floors can be found here: Tower of Ascension (Location)
- After completion of the 7 floors, go and speak to Ankou for a final dialogue and the reward.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The XP reward of the Tower of Ascension quest scales with your level and is supposed to be finished at around level 70-75. You will get significantly less XP if you finish it at level 40.
- Floors 1's Boss, Snow Bear, is extremely easy. Simply corner it and spam.
- Floor 2's boss, Argaddon, is almost just as weak, except that it has a massive amount of Health, unlike Snow Bear. Be more cautious and try to deal as much damage as possible. If you are a level 45, you should try to do Sunrise Canyon until you get a Deadeye to easily beat this boss and a few of the bosses to come.
- Floor 3's boss, Witch Doctor, is a little harder than the two previous bosses. Try to avoid its hits before closing in for damage.
- Floor 4's boss, Guardian, is a boss who has good Charge. This means you should strafe around when Guardian has his white particles up. If you are at least level 60, it is recommended you use Dragon's Eye Bracelet, regardless of class.
- Floor 5's boss, Chained Beast, is perhaps one of the hardest bosses in the Tower of Ascension. Its charge ability can one-shot the unwary, and is surprisingly accurate. You should run away when you see the white particles. If you are over level 65, you should use Ultramarine Set with Millenium chestplate. You should get 105 Intelligence if you're any class but Shaman, but if you're Shaman you could keep 94 intelligence. All of your remaining skill points should go into defense.
- There are cobwebs in the boss room, and some are on the floor. It is possible to knock the boss into the cobweb and then do ranged attacks before the boss charges again. This is possible with all classes, but ranged attacks (specifically from Archer) benefit the most from this strategy.
- Floor 6's boss, Alkevo, is a damage test. You have some time to kill him before he dies and respawns (Imagine it like him suddenly regenerating to full health).
- Floor 7's last normal enemy, Ethereal Demigod, uses an extremely strong Multihit. Watch out!
- Floor 7's boss, Death, is not that hard. Bring a good water weapon for maximum damage. If you wish to solo him, attack like crazy during the first stages of the battle to lower Death as much as possible before all the other bosses spawn. Snow Bear will spawn first, then Argaddon/Guardian, then Chained Beast/Witch Doctor/Alkevö will spawn, making the battle even harder. At level 75, you should use as your gear in order from helmet to necklace, Blue Mask/Adamantite/Crystal/Sodeta/Detective's Ring/Detective's Ring/Dragon's Eye Bracelet/Royal Stormy Amulet. If you can't afford another Detective's ring, you can put a random ring in that doesn't have any strength/dexterity requirements (if you're an Archer, make it doesn't have a Defense requirement). For your weapon, you should follow this: Mage - Ethereal, Shaman - Thousand Waves, Warrior = Virtue, Assassin = Amadeus, Archer = Maelstrom. For Archer, cycle Arrow Storm and Arrow Bomb; for Assassin, cycle Vanish Smoke Bomb Spin Multihit; for Warrior, cycle Uppercut Bash; for Shaman, cycle Aura Haul; for Mage, cycle Meteor Heal.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- KEE-L Tron, the mob of Floor 5 Level 9, comes from a former Wynncraft builder called Kealtron.
- Death, the last boss of the tower, isn't the actual spirit of Death, but an imposter, according to Doctor Legendary and Death himself.
- Ankou is a reference to Ankou in Celtic folklore, who is Death's henchmen and collects souls on Death's behalf.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Though the Champion Armour set is received upon completion of the quest, the rewards display doesn't include it.