Hi there, I'm the new (temporary) Wiki Representative for the Wynncraft Wiki until MarkusRost comes back in three months. I hope everything is running smoothly, but feel free to ask me questions if you have any. My areas of expertise are listed on my profile. You can reach me by leaving a message on my wall, on Discord at Moviesign#6611, or by email at Moviesign at fandom.com.
Invite to The Downstream
Ready for FandomDesktop
I've been spotchecking pages in the FandomDesktop skin and things are looking pretty good! Is there anything style-related that you need help with? Any questions? If not, I would really appreciate it if you would go to the Admin Dashboard and click the "Mark as Ready" button. :) —Moviesign (talk) 00:28, 28 June 2021 (UTC)
- I think the one problem I haven't gotten to yet is that navboxes on FandomDesktop dark can be somewhat unreadable, Lists of mobs/Coastal Trail for example. I want the background color to be darker, but I don't know how CSS rgba works, so help with that would be great. Also, I don't see any "Mark as Ready" button on the admin noticeboard, or the wiki analytics admin dashboard, so do you have a link to what you mean? FrozenEarth (talk) 04:58, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
- EDIT: I have found the Admin Dashboard, just needed to actually be on FandomDesktop. I can mark it as ready as soon as that navbox issue is fixed. FrozenEarth (talk) 05:51, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
Okay, I changed the background to black and added in a slight white transparency to mimic the behavior on Hydra. What do you think? Lists of mobs/Coastal Trail —Moviesign (talk) 00:48, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks, that's great! I'll mark the wiki now. FrozenEarth (talk) 14:07, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
Wiki Code Issues
Hello! I'm Thundercraft5, and I represent Fandom's Vanguard volunteer team. We help communities adopt to new technologies and features and to improve their technical performance. We have spotted some code issues on this wiki that I’d like to make fixes to, which should not break anything further nor affect the wiki content. Fixing some of the issues will require me to introduce some new code that will perform better and should appear the same as it does now. Maintaining the fixes if you want to make changes should be very simple. We'd really like to get working on your community, and we would appreciate your go-ahead. Once I am finished, I will leave you another message to follow up. Please expect that Vanguard will deploy these fixes on or after 8/15/15 unless you note that we should not. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope we can produce a result that works for everyone.
- What fixes exactly? Can you elaborate? FrozenEarth (talk) 00:53, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
- The fixes are removal of duplicate template arguments, and a couple of Pages with script errors
- Sounds good to me. FrozenEarth (talk) 01:02, 20 August 2021 (UTC)
I'm reaching out to you because we are making a change that will affect this wiki. As you probably know, Widgets extension is currently enabled in all the historically Gamepedia wikis. This extension works like the templates, but it allows us to include normally restricted features of HTML and other markups in regular articles and other pages.
Our team has been analyzing the feature and we have important security concerns about this extension, although we trust in our admins, we are humans, and a mistake using this feature could potentially affect millions of visitors, meaning a security risk that we can't ignore.
In order to mitigate possible problems, we are limiting Widget namespace editing to Staff, Wiki Representatives, Helpers and other groups collaborating on Fandom. It will allow you to continue invoking the widgets as before, but any change will have to be done by us, allowing us to review the changes before being applied.
This change will help us to add a necessary filter to avoid major problems, but the ideal solution would be the removal of this extension. We are currently analyzing the use of this feature in multiple wikis, including this one, so it would be great if you can show us some examples of widgets currently used in this wiki and tell us if you would need help to migrate the current widgets to JS or other wiki features that would lead us to the complete removal of this extension without losing any functionality.
- Hey, thanks for reaching out. The wiki just uses one widget, Widget:FileUrl, and it's essential to both the item sprite templates and map rendering templates. I have no experience in migrating widgets to JS but if you could get help, that would be great. Will the widget work (faster or slower?) on mobile after the migration?